Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Haven! a newly founded town!  (Read 23268 times)
Shaman
Public

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2013, 03:53:15 pm »

I may have to get her set up on my grandma's computer. I hope it will work... Failing that, I could let her use my profile (don't want to though in case there's some dispute, it could be a mess).

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 03:31:56 pm »

I wonder if this multimc would help you with this issue?
Shaman
Public

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2013, 11:55:19 pm »

We had a scare with zombies today. One escaped from my spawner by breaking the doors down. Savannah killed it. I plugged up the doorway with dirt. I'm probably going to put an iron golem or 2 down there to kill everything but creepers. They mostly spawn up top and fall to the bottom.

[ author=SavanahMile link=topic=2391.msg17431#msg17431 date=1367789516]
I wonder if this multimc would help you with this issue?
[/]

Is that the thing Intangir posted about just recently in the connection issues thread?

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 08:45:48 am »

what is the cobble path over the road from your house to your friends lot?    I think that is the only time one has gotten out so far, zombies can break wood doors
Shaman
Public

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 02:52:55 pm »

[ author=SavanahMile link=topic=2391.msg17453#msg17453 date=1368197148]
what is the cobble path over the road from your house to your friends lot?    I think that is the only time one has gotten out so far, zombies can break wood doors
[/]

That's temporary scaffolding. I can take it down but I'll need to put up another next time I work on removing the wall...

SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2013, 10:14:46 pm »

was your friend able to log on yet?  The guys help missruby with an application called multimc?
look bak on her post I think there is a link, maybe that will help your friend or maybe just make a free account and have intangir load it for you, maybe that would help. 
Shaman
Public

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2013, 08:16:22 am »

I'll try that today, I haven't even had he chance to talk to her all weekend because of Mother's day.

Shaman
Public

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2013, 02:22:48 am »

[ author=SavanahMile link=action=profile;u=1137 date=1368545282]
I know you are busy with all these other projects but we are getting new people in New Haven, so we are trying to cut down on the monsters here.  when will you be done pulling down other building for your friend?
[/]

Since you are nagging*, I halted work on it. If you wish me to continue, you are welcome to pay me 2 stacks of gunpowder. Since the majority of the structure is reinforced, I'm the only one who can remove the structure efficiently. Thus, your desire for my services create a demand in the market, and my protection of the structure creates scarcity-based value. Since I hold a monopoly, I can charge whatever price I wish. If you grief the structure in an attempt to seek revenge or to move it yourself, I will use the prison system currently in place as I would for any other thief or criminal trespasser. Yay for capitalism. Let this be a lesson not to nag people after they have bent over backwards to accommodate you.

===

*one pm, and multiple occasions in in-game chat: harassment, plain and simple

It's important to note that MOBs cannot spawn immediately outside of it due to numerous torches and cannot get out of that enclosed area (including spiders) because of wall-height and an inside ledge.

If MOBs are seen nearby, it is because they walked there from somewhere else.

Savannah's paranoia isn't enough of a reason to work for free

Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2013, 12:40:13 pm »

2 stacks of gunpowder? seems a bit much for anything
whos lot is it? yours? your friends? is it claimed or not?

if its not yours and your tearing it down anyway than anyone else has every right to also tear it down

you don't have a monopoly, and claiming someone else cleaning up your mess is revenge is absurd

im not sure what your talking about by refering to capitalism there. you don't seem to be characterizing capitalism accurately
Shaman
Public

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2013, 01:43:15 pm »

[ author=Simon_the_Digger link=topic=2391.msg17518#msg17518 date=1368729613]
2 stacks of gunpowder? seems a bit much for anything
whos lot is it? yours? your friends? is it claimed or not?

if its not yours and your tearing it down anyway than anyone else has every right to also tear it down

you don't have a monopoly, and claiming someone else cleaning up your mess is revenge is absurd

im not sure what your talking about by refering to capitalism there. you don't seem to be characterizing capitalism accurately

[/]

It's Dao Xiang's lot, people taking from someone's lot without their permission is stealing. I'm taking it down at her behest, someone else taking from it is theft.

2 stacks of gunpowder is a lot. That's the point. Deconstructing the wall down to the point Dao Xiang requested is dangerous and time-consuming. I also set aside my pride to do it initially. But constant nagging pretty much every time I get on the server has worn out my patience. I will not work for free for those who make demands and have no respect for the quantity of work involved nor my personal time. To convey the concept of the value of this inordinate quantity of work, I have set a price which will take a similar amount of work and somewhat more time to complete. It is a lesson in reciprocity.

I have also closed my personal gardens to public access.

Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2013, 02:40:20 pm »

who is dao xiang?

if hes never been on we can't steal from him

if you abandoned the lot, we aren't stealing from you

what reciprocity are you talking about?

if you don't own it, your not claiming it, and your taking it down anyway.. why are you charging to take it down? why do you claim its theft for anyone else? and why are you arguing? and why are you trying to teach someone a lesson?

this seems to be a completely pointless conflict
Shaman
Public

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2013, 12:15:47 pm »

So, I finished the remodel on my house, and moved the Dragon's Perch Access to underground. It is now accessible from the rail station at y55. I'll remove my sky rail later when I'm done with the transit system construction up north. If it's in the way of private construction, you can remove the offending section and place the blocks and track sections in a chest in my Dragon's Perch shop.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: