Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New Haven! a newly founded town!  (Read 23524 times)
Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« on: January 23, 2013, 03:28:39 am »

I'd like to announce a new city is being founded in a far away land, well off of the spawntinent, so it should be far less likely to be found and griefed by random new players

membership is invitation only but already many trustworthy members have been invited and joined us

our members do enjoy their privacy though so it will be left to them to let their membership be known on the forums if they so choose

there are many members who have accepted the invitation so far though and although the city is planned to be big enough to comfortably house over 30 members, the best lots (the most central, the closest to the front entrance) are going to go quickly, so i encourage those who think they might have an interest in visiting/building/trading with us later to enquirer for membership sooner rather than later.

this is a planned city with pre-laid out roads and lots, a wall, townsquare, markets, and some publicly accessibly amenities. there are a few basic guidelines for building and claiming lots, central lots must be approved first

there is also a nearby floating bluff which is not part of the town but is likely to attract alot of interest from the members

ask myself (Simon_theDigger_), Intangir_V, or SavanahMile for admission if your interested.

the biome is a Savannah grasslands biome with spaced trees and mostly level grassy terrain, there are also nearby forests, pillar mesa forests, and a volcano that we know of so far

i hope all of the more regular, trustworthy players will join us, and if you do make sure to protect your buildings!!

grin
Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:33:03 am »

heres a screenshot from the nearby bluff

[attachment deleted by admin]
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:42:48 am »

I hope Commander and Vbelac will come at least check it out,
I miss them and they make every city great.  I know an icy cell in the frozen artic is more secure,
but there are flat lands to run and play on, a city wall to build, and so there is my invitation to you guys.
that picture was taken from top of a floating mountain.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 09:35:26 am »

Commander there is a second big floating mountain on the other side of the city from the one I showed vbelac it totally looks like a massive area you could build something amazing on.  The inner city streets are layed out and a center area for trading shops and specialty stuff like enchanting and brewing is laid out too. The front part of wall is built but not all protected.  Ryker has some cool wall designs he wants to share with the group, but I'm sure we can all use some help.    still need more lighting to keep creepers and mobs out of the main town area, but it is coming along nicely.  Public mining area in place  we have one cow in the new animal pens, need a second one
vbelac
Public

Alias: vbelac - Steam
Alias: (◕‿◕✿)

jorts are cruise control for a swanky life

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 04:32:13 pm »

Complete with piles upon piles of free eggs in my shop Tongue

[attachment deleted by admin]

Stay Determined.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 08:39:46 pm »

I thinkit is time for a new city photo, its so developed now
vbelac
Public

Alias: vbelac - Steam
Alias: (◕‿◕✿)

jorts are cruise control for a swanky life

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 10:50:46 pm »

I think we should wait for the sky scrapers to be complete, that's when it's really going to stand out

Stay Determined.
Shaman
Public

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 03:04:28 am »

That town you guys abandoned: Would you mind too much if I used a room in the apartment/hotel building while I stock up for my trip back to my second base?

I was also wondering if that rail that goes way out to sea leads to New Haven? I walked on it into town while running from MOBs.

I harvested some wheat and pumpkins and replanted them.

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 06:40:51 pm »

Help your self build your supplies and please replant.. I think teh rail goes to Simon's canal trading store
Shaman
Public

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 12:53:28 am »

Yup, I checked that out today. I think it's probably the fastest way to travel the sea too.

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
Shaman
Public

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 07:03:16 pm »

Intangir said it was okay to tell me how to get to NH, but I think he forgot to send the coordinates. I don't mind if you check with him first, but I'd like to at least visit some time this week.  wink

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 03:49:34 pm »

i didnt know the coords from where i was
shaman is approved
if i see you in game ill tell you
Shaman
Public

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 05:58:42 pm »

Right, so I went to NH today. Built a little temporary residency hut on the south-side of the town where I just died. Made it all the way to NH and got killed by a spider while collecting eggs... Beaver Damn.  cry
(I was respawned back at my house in the rainforest.)

Well, I only built it temporarily like a camp. However, I'd like to claim that plot since it was unoccupied and I'm planning to sell my mine and separate the sky island into it's own self-sustainable environment. The sky island and tree house I'll retain, but the monastery and mine and MOB farm are all up for sale.

Because I died, I accidentally left my cobblestone generator there... the middle crevice, second block up is the one you can mine for infinite cobble. I'll be back later to move it to a more convenient orientation... I was planning to give brain several stacks of cobble and lead him back to my place, but it looks like he'll have to get it from my cobblestone generator in NH. Sorry 'bout that.  undecided It takes 4 hours to get to NH by boat from my base including stops to take shelter from a thunderstorm and at night when I wrecked my boat at dotcurrency's outpost.

Shaman
Public

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 03:43:24 pm »

So, I've built a permanent residence, a substantial mining operation, and a tower that will be the highest building in the greater NH area at Y 255 (35 taller than the current tallest building). I've also explored some of the utterly vast caverns under NH (and placed an iron golem therein to guard the part immediately below my house), built a restaurant in Dragon's Perch/Roost and mapped the area. There's also (with permissions from Intangir and Savanah with a backup plan in case of opposition) a railway being constructed from the sky island to New Haven and possibly traveling elsewhere if it can be done in a somewhat invisible manner (Either well above the clouds with a blue wool underside or in a glass tunnel under the sea). The part if the railway in the NH metro area is set to look like a roman aqueduct

anoddhue
Public

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 08:04:22 am »

I suggest building a railway south of town towards another biome. It's a few thousand meters away, but would probably be worthwhile.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: