Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Spaceport, tons of upgrades, tons of new features!  (Read 6589 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: August 12, 2014, 08:13:46 am »

Tons of new changes today
(Still actually double checking everything)

First the multiserver setup is ready (not 100% done, but ready enough for now hehe)

When you log in you'll be in the spaceport like any other new player would (don't panic)

From here you can choose from different game modes/options/worlds
for now there is only Anarchic Frontiers, and Voluntaryist Expedition

you should be able to find your way back to the anarchic frontiers world (and your house/inventory/etc) by following the advice of the npcs and talking to the captain of the ship axiom II

or you can checkout voluntaryist expedition and talk to the captain of the Axiom 1

later i will be adding new missions, minigames on the holodeck, access to old worlds, and the ability to project to the astral realms (creative mode)

NEW CHAT SYSTEM:

there is also a new galactic chat system (that i wrote from scratch!) it is like globalchat but works across worlds!, the whole galaxy!

It has channels that you can join using /join , invite friends using /invite, you can also /leave, /ignore, toggle /censoring

you can focus or quickly access the channels by their shortcut, like:
/g hello Galactic channel
/1 hello my own channel
/l hello local people

make your own private channels and invite your friends

you can even /tell, /reply, /retell across servers!

It also has spam protection on the default galactic channel to prevent jerks from abusing it

TWEAKS:

all of my custom tweaks that ive written over the last year had to be rewritten in java because the mod i was running them through is no good anymore. So i rewrite all of the tweaks (and then some) that i mention here:
http://mc.intangir.org/index.php?page=53

some of them i actually saw some bugs in them which hopefully are fixed now, like sitting dogs might not teleport anymore. I also added a respawn buff tweak which gives you temporary protection until you are attack something.

Vampires:

Vampires should work across all servers, but the configs got all messed up by the UUID change and also couldn't convert into the shared DB im using across all the servers now so i am in the process of re-setting everyone as a vampire who was one, the nightvision and infection options you'll have to re-choose. also it won't say who your original infector was.

Issues:

The last seen block on the website won't be updated for now, until i can convert the script that posted to it for the new setup.

There are bound to be many other issues, i tested it alot, but i a can't possibly account for everything. if you see a problem don't just assume i'm omniscient, please post it on this thread or elsewhere on the forum. The old irc setup is no more btw, so seriously, you have to post on the forum if you want me to know.

I hope everyone enjoys all of the new changes, This is only a stepping stone to even more cool features on the server too, from here i can easily add new worlds and gamemodes on new servers and they can all seamlessly integrate in with what we have now!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:16:35 am by Intangir » Logged
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:37:12 am »

!                        !                 !                            !                        !                        !                 !    !               !                 !         !                                 !                      !                                         !            !              !                       !                 !                      !               !                !                 !              !               !                 !                     !               !              !          !                !              !                  !             !                !                     !                  !            !                  !               !                 !                !                !              !                !            !               !             !                    !                !                   !               !              !                 !                       !                   !                 !                    !               !              !              !              !                     !                 !                    !                  !     !

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:46:24 am »

also in my testing it once reset my character data for no apparent reason during the conversion.. so it seems that its possible it can fail to convert

its possible it has failed to convert others. IF your character is reset don't panic, i have a full backup of everyone's data and i can simply try it for your data and it should work, it worked for me the 2nd time
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:01:56 am »

also heads don't work anymore..
it looks like its trying to look stuff up with mojang constantly, and mojang ignores the requests

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 12:48:47 pm »

spawnrate tripled
spawn limit doubled

be careful people
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 08:07:54 pm »

Holy shit.

All I'm saying.

I'd also tip my fedora at you, but I don't want people to make fun of my neckbeard.

Gonna go check it out now.

Super stoked.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 11:41:13 pm »

don't do the jump down off the skyroad on VE right now its not working for some reason
pigeonweed
Public

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 11:41:30 am »

Just wanna chime in and thank you, Intagir! All this new stuff is so cool and can't wait to try them all out. I was really amazed at the spaceport! =D

Great job, man! Thanks!
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 04:44:42 pm »

I was testing group channels on vbelac's account and I typed /leave g (big mistake) and now he can't talk in galactic chat soooo

I think I broke it >:'/

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 06:40:45 pm »

did you try retyping /g for galactic again?
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 03:40:11 am »

if you accidentally leave galactic channel
you can just rejoin it by typing

/join Galactic g

/join <channel> <alias>

g is the shortcut alias that is set by default , you can change them, use defaults, etc

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: