Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anarchists or not...?  (Read 16449 times)
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 05:14:32 pm »

grin   you are hilarious!
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 08:30:10 pm »

First of all, I want to apoligize for anything I said to upset you. I'm not in any way trying to boil your temper or cause drama. I said 'in my mind' to specify that it was my opinion and mine alone. If the home gardening comment also offended you, I apoligize, I thought you'd laugh at that rather than get angry at it. I meant resident rather than citizen...

Secondly, I want to let it be known that this topic has been troubling me since NH's birth. I wouldn't be saying what I'm saying just for the fucking fun of it. wtf?

It's sincerely just to know where you stand. You've clearly shown me that. I honestly can't think of any better words to make sense to you, I'll do my best though.

Running the server and being the owner of the server is still being true to the anarchy philosophy as long as you don't assert yourself to be an "admin", "leader", "captain", "manager". All of these words are similar to the word "authority figure" in my opinion. Just like you have the server set up. No ranks. Noone has special power over others. And I think the only rule is no hacking, which is something that can only happen on the internet and not in the real world. All of this makes a great anarchy server like you have going here. And the reason that I've stayed here for literally a year.

I'm still willing to clarify whatever else I'm saying that is vague to you.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:28:18 pm by Commander » Logged

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 04:42:48 am »

Well I find NH to be voluntary, no one is forced to join.  In NH Simon owned the land and he is allowing homesteading of these lots but on his terms, so that is still voluntary, if you do not agree, don't build there.  It was an experiment.  So if guidelines were setup, WHO would keep their word they agreed to and would people not.  In the history of NH only two people ever had an issue one minor, one still ongoing.  No one Lords over anyone else but there are people who would say something about guideline infringements, or general population complaints. Example Shaman has been asked by other residents, myself and the overall owner Simon, to remove his cobble nightmare from NH has he?   Again this is all voluntary, except he joined into a voluntary agreement with NH, so we do have rights to remove it ourselves.   And people may not choose to do business with people who do not keep their word, as it IS voluntary.  If I say you can use my boat but you must refill the tank with gas and not wreck it, this is like the same thing. If you bring back my boat with no gas and a hole in it surely I would never let you borrow it again or remain friends if the loss was not compensated.   I think the part you did not grasp is the land is Simon's, he discovered it, he sculpted it, and claimed property ownership of it, and offered the safety of an enclosed city and amenities to those who were looking for that, thus again voluntary.  As an example Aly claimed the mountain top which is now Dragon's Perch.  You moved up there and took over her area I assume without asking, was that voluntary?  Maybe you asked her, maybe you didn't?  I have no idea, but she created the ladder up there and settled that area because she likes space, she was 3rd person to NH, and choose and different option, as it again is voluntary. 

I hope that helps and does not spin this in any new direction.

Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 11:54:23 am »

NH is 100% voluntary, how many times can I say it..

I don't really remember if we talked with aly when we moved up there. She didn't claim the whole mountain so it didn't really matter. I never touched her land.

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
vbelac
Public

Alias: vbelac - Steam
Alias: (◕‿◕✿)

jorts are cruise control for a swanky life

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 02:32:25 pm »

I talked to Aly about it before we declared it as a separate town.

Stay Determined.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 08:11:14 am »

Vbelac that's cool, again I had no idea, I just know she never went back to that property because she seems to like space.  I miss Aly, she is an explorer, even in Elefetheria she found her own little floating mountain to build on.  On another note I really like the space ship you guys are building, I totally need more nether quartz!  hahahahah
Elarim
Public

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2013, 12:13:37 pm »

I just read through this thread and I hope it doesn't count as necro - just wanted to insert my opinion:

I wouldn't consider private property to be a form of government, though it certainly involves someone having decision power (and also responsibility) over some resource, in the case of a city that would presumably be the land it is built on. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having private cities. If it was done offline in a stateless society, it would probably involve the owners of the land having any new settlers sign a contract before they sold or leased them land, and in the contract they would agree to abide by certain rules (and perhaps even cede certain decision-power or rights) in exchange for the property.

Not only is this voluntary and unrelated to government, but I also think it's a very important aspect of property rights which provides important incentives for property owners. Many would lose the incentive to welcome other people into their city if they couldn't agree beforehand on at least a simple set of rules.

Take for instance the castle I'm building. It's (mostly) in medieval style, except for the Temple of Portalis and the Redstone lamps, but I'm classifying both as fantasy magic rather than technology. In keeping with the theme, I don't want people building futuristic spaceships, or glass skyscrapers, etc. I don't think that makes me a ruler in any way, just a property owner who has a few rules Smiley
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2013, 04:54:43 pm »

Elarim you stated it perfectly in the case of New Haven. Simon claimed the land, and cultivated it.  Aly, Intangir, locke_c and I came with him.  He wanted a perticular look, like a subdivision. There is a city book he created for all new comers/ invitees to read and agree to.  so by takeing a lot and building you agree to the terms of the lot owner.  So kind of like yours it was a theme.  he and I built most all of the roads.  Brainlesszombie5 built its increadable wall, I supplied lots of materials for it as many did so Brain would have materieals to build with and his limited time on the server was focused on the wall not getting cobble.  Everything about that was voluntary it did not require a government for people to pitch in to help a project that benefited us all.  I love my little place in NH, It has a thriving trade in its townsquare.  We have lots of items for sale in Akira as well.. my shameless plug.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: