Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats new? I found some cool games you all might like  (Read 12518 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: May 23, 2018, 01:27:52 am »

well i haven't been playing much minecraft, server has become very inactive over time, its still up but its mostly a ghost town, i started trying to update it a few times but didn't finish.

Minecraft just kind of got old for me personally, its a great game and had a shit load of fun for years on it, but I got to the point where it felt like I played out all of the exciting content, and managing the server became like an unpaid side job after a while instead of a fun hobby like it had been for most of the time.

I'm not sure if anything will later rekindle my interest in minecraft, maybe.. not ready to decide if im actually done with it, so i'll just keep hosting it for now.

So what HAVE i upto lately? (just talking games here) mostly ive been playing Ark - survival evolved on PS4

the game is almost like a higher detail, much more challenging version of minecraft, with dinosaurs. The overall idea of the game is phenomenally awesome, the reach and potential is off the charts, the design is ambitious and innovative.

BUT the actual implementation is pretty half baked, its extremely buggy, feels like its in alpha years after its been for sale, and has dozens if not hundreds of costly issues that will waste your time, kill your tames, and lose your items...

That being said, its still incredibly fun, incredibly challenging and exciting, and pretty satisfying and rewarding survival gaming experience. I've actually been playing it for over a year now and I still enjoy it, but i do feel like i am getting burned out on it finally. I have pretty much done everything you can do, now im just breeding insane super dinos for lols.

In the last couple days though i discovered a new PC game that is sooo incredible. it reminds me of playing on our minecraft community and really illustrates some of the life lessons i was hoping would be highlighted on our server, lessons about economy, reciprocity, productivity and morality. The game is called "One hour one life"

I am in love with this game, its so incredible, that graphics are hilariously bad, and the game play is complex and short, but the adventure of it, the profoundness, and its touching sentiment have melted my heart Smiley I recommend it for the hardcore and/or social survival game player

I might setup a temporary learning server for myself and anyone else who wants to screw around and explore the building system.

I hope everyone else is doing well out there in the world, but if your not - remember, we all make the world what it is. and if it seems like life isn't going you way, you have the power to change things. You can change yourself, change the people around you, or change the way you deal with the unchangeable. Be the change you want to see in your life, and in the world, and don't be afraid to appreciate what you have.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:31:31 am by Intangir » Logged
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 09:33:27 am »

hey,

since the server became inactive like a year and a half ago life's been pretty busy, occupied with other things.

I'm entering my third year in college earning 3 associates, all in CIT, i.e. networking, cyber security, and systems administration.  over the summer I'm helping set up new computer labs at multiple campuses.

in my free time I'm doing a custom restoration of a 1976 camaro, will include pictures below.  just got it painted and been working tirelessly and meticulously, working every detail, for the past week.  I bet I've rewatched transformers 20 times going frame-by-frame on the scenes that car was in.  It is truly a labor of love though.

as far as this minecraft server goes, will I start playing again or not, who knows, it all depends. I have no interest in playing video games right now, that doesn't mean I never will again, and that doesn't mean that my property on the server is a free-for-all, so don't get any ideas you heathens wink

the main reason I played was because the concept of justice and how it played out in a voluntaryistic society.  the way justice use to be exacted was with prison pearls, where there was actually a way to punish/deter thiefs and murderers, but when they were removed there was no point.  that's what turned me off ultimately, the server was way more exciting when prison pearls was a thing, there's just no denying it.

I've also undergone a very special journey where I'm part of a core group of people that is planting a brand new church in our community.  our mission is to serve God and others by reaching the lost and unchurched.  our focus is on one specific area code and we have the opportunity to reach close to 18,000 people in that area.  the way we're going to reach them is, rather than sit behind brick and mortar and wait for them to come, we're going out into the community ourselves.  we're actually going to a local park this weekend to grill steaks and hot dogs and give them away.  things like that allows us to form relationships with people and possibly share the Gospel with them.

if you manage to get the opportunity to talk to a complete stranger about religion, you'll be amazed by the kind of responses you'll get, what kind of stories you will hear, even though I live in the part of the country that is termed "the Bible belt", you will still get negative and closed-hearted reactions, so be prepared for that. 

thinking back to when I first joined this server, which iirc was July of 2012, almost 6 years ago, I've grown a lot as a person, learned a lot, I look around and see other people my age (20) or younger, hardly anyone that age cares about philosophy or theology, what's the best political system, if any, what is truth, what is right or wrong.  and i think to myself, man, at 14 I was learning about voluntaryism, lol, on a minecraft server.. just crazy

for those of you reading this who are followers of Christ, and I know there are, pray not only for me, but pray for this new church and for the soon-to-be pastor

to close it off I'll say this, a community like this is rare, the amount of wisdom and life lessons that it has and could still impart on people in the future is vast and I do hope it will continue to do that.

* 0523180910_HDR.jpg (37.75 KB, 266x150 - viewed 3344 times.)

* 0523180910.jpg (34.7 KB, 266x150 - viewed 3323 times.)

* 0523180911.jpg (36.1 KB, 266x150 - viewed 3290 times.)

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 10:36:47 pm »

its nice to hear your out there doing things your passionate about

i don't share many of your religious views but i do recognize the importance of finding purpose in your life, and devoting yourself to a cause you think is important. It's good to know you have found ideas and goals to pursue that mean alot to you. thats what makes life worth the trouble Wink

ya i hope my minecraft server had a positive impact in alot of the community members lives. i think voluntaryism is a very empowering concept personally and socially

i did have plans btw for what i hoped would be an improvement on prison pearls, i just never finished them Wink

but ya i know pearls were fun and effective in alot of ways, but it also kept alot of new players from joining and learning how things worked on our server. but it was a big project and by that time i had apparently lost too much steam to finish my new system for keeping griefers away

Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 02:19:09 pm »

yeah it's good to stay busy for sure, btw hope your family is doing well

but it's interesting you say that because I fundamentally disagree with the idea of finding "your purpose in life" in the way you're putting it.  Counterintuitively, the purpose of life is not to find your purpose in life.  There is no "your" purpose, the idea that oh, well, if I can find some righteous cause that makes me feel good inside and I dedicate my life to that, then that's my life purpose, is a myth and a lie perpetuated by culture, particularly a self-absorbed culture like the U.S.

My take on it is, life isn't about you or what means a lot to you or what makes you fulfilled and satisfied, rather it is about love, and expressing love toward others, serving one another, doing unto others as you would have done unto you, (which is the core of voluntaryism).  When we do that we are already following what Jesus Christ taught, to love your neighbor as yourself.

you may not share many of my religious views, but we're both voluntaryists, the principles voluntaryism and Christianity teach are pretty similar

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: