Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.9 is out! server plans for 1.9  (Read 19442 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: February 29, 2016, 12:44:46 pm »

So the 1.9 update is finally out, looks like alot of exciting new stuff

https://mojang.com/2016/02/minecraft-19-combat-update/

I have some plans coming up for 1.9 and beyond. this is a loose roadmap and may change

First, like always we will have to wait for the modded servers and the mods to be updated to support 1.9, and there will probably be 2-3 different 1.9.x point releases immediately like there usually are so once 1.9 steadies out, and the updated mod server and mods are ready we will be moving to 1.9!

Most of the new features i will leave as is most likely, i don't see any issues with it personally, but i am going to be playing around with it a bit to make sure the new portal stuff will make sense.

Several of the mods we have been using MAY not be updated for 1.9 at all, it has been well over a year since the last major updates to them. so i am most likely going to have to replace them with new mods, we will see.

I am leaning towards merging all of the worlds in such a way where you can take inventory from world to world, and have them all share a new 1.9 end dimension.

I am also leaning towards cross world portaling via something similar to the old stargates. but i don't have a working mod for that yet. i am thinking of making a new one involving banners for addresses

the current survey world will become permanent and if i get the new stargates working and cross world inventories the space port will instead be a portal hub instead the ships will be gateships instead of taking you back and forth. some of the old worlds may even return if it works out.

the head mod i was thinking of making before i thought might be too much trouble for too little of a benefit (it would only help you if you had already seen the griefer on, with the same name, and killed them, and got a head. it couldn't help you against new threats you didn't know about, neither can pearls). i am instead now thinking of trying to beef up iron golems to be an anti griefing countermeasure instead. I haven't hammered out the details. but the prison pearl will most likely stay gone. Regardless of peoples gripes about having no prison pearl mod the impact on the server without it has been mostly positive, lots more new players stayed and were able to play. older players were much more interested in welcoming and working things out with new players rather than just pearling them on the first sign of trouble and alienating new members.

i think someone actually suggested the golem idea before but there were no mods and the mod api was incapable of supporting it at the time, but i tihnk it is possible now. details on this may follow if it looks ill be able to implement it.

so to summarize

1. move to 1.9
2. merge worlds/inventories (*alot of plans depend on this)
3. joint 'the end' dimension
4. new survey world
5. star gates
6. possibly old worlds?
*. golem's may replace several protective features (snitch/bumper/pearls)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:48:28 pm by Intangir » Logged
vbelac
Public

Alias: vbelac - Steam
Alias: (◕‿◕✿)

jorts are cruise control for a swanky life

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:55:10 pm »

Sounds like some great things to come. Thanks for all your hard work, this community wouldn't exist without you and minecraft wouldn't still be so enjoyable so many years later.

Stay Determined.
Lynnarock
Public

Alias: Lord-Ragnarock
Alias: Lynnch51

Arhemadan The Holy Pterodactyl God

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 04:21:52 pm »

I can see why you haven't been on so much, now. Busy busy busy :p

But still, thanks for what you do! It keeps the server fresh, fun and even unique!

BRAAAAAAK!
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 07:44:50 pm »

I think intangir is gonna post something,
He has plans!  i'm excited, he's been waiting on it, now we have to wait on the mods to get upgated I believe
Jonin420
Public

Question, Why Am I So Good?

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 11:40:27 pm »

cool looking forward to it best server ever Tongue thx man
Lynnarock
Public

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 01:20:06 am »

Please please please make Elytras easier (even if a little) to obtain! Cheesy Those are like the most fun part of 1.9.

And make one of the next worlds amplified, too. That's a perfect flying place Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:24:06 am by Lynnarock » Logged

BRAAAAAAK!
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 12:34:15 pm »

so excited for all the new stuff

I would loooooove to see stargates come back

and cross-world portaling

I have some questions

1. will you keep the 1.8 recipe for golden apples in 1.9 (they are only obtainable through dungeons and stuff in 1.9)

2. how beefed up will iron golems be and how will they operate in general if snitches and bumpers will be gone

3. without snitches, wouldn't it be impossible to find out who greifed you

4. are you going to make a recipe for elytras (only found in end cities I believe)

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Jonin420
Public

Question, Why Am I So Good?

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 12:47:29 pm »

well I heard him mentioning probably making the dragon drop them
unevencompromise
Public

Alias: panthersjody - steam

my desires are unconventional

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 10:58:08 pm »

pretty excited to see how the land grabs and global domination starts out with the beginning of a new survey world

i'm allowed in the kitchen i have written permission
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 05:08:28 am »

I might have the single biggest investment of snitches on most worlds so the thought of all my wasted diamonds is disturbing.  Plus we need to know WHO did stuff, people LIE.  Everytime!  I can see would did it and they are like oh that wasn't me, and I'm like no it was you I caught you on a snitch.  ONLY when faced with the I know it was you beyond a shadow of doubt will 30% of griefers even admit it.  So we really need a way to know WHO.  I also use my snitches as proximity alerts, so i know when people are coming my way, or in other peoples cities.
Lynnarock
Public

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 04:10:01 am »

Maybe Golem Sentries like this plugin? http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/iron-guard/

Could do that, and add a feature where they instead stand still and serve the same function as snitches, and they'll return to their post when they're done attacking prohibited people Smiley

BRAAAAAAK!
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 03:06:59 pm »

Well can they still be killed?  most likely they will be attacked and killed if they attack players, or even if they do not because they are there.

If they can be killed then you still lose the snitch capability once it is dead.

The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 10:27:33 pm »

Now here's a post exciting enough to lure me out of lurker mode.

First of all, I want to echo the sentiments that others have expressed. I'm grateful to Intangir for his ceaseless, second-full-time-job level efforts to keep this ever-growing world up and running.

I couldn't be more excited about the prospect of cross-world inventory! While I completely understand the excitement around starting fresh, I've never been able to bring myself to do it. I don't know if I'll ever be attached to a virtual space, in MC or any game, the way I love GMB. I never really got into the theme-driven survey planets because of the "you can't take it with you," rule.

The idea of being able to risk the perils of some exotic world so you can bring your haul back to a safer planet might help create that unified sense of planetary exploration, and might create a more open world that attracts more players. I certainly hope so.

I also remember raising my eyebrow at the removal of prison pearls. I thought it was an intriguing system, but I can understand and get behind its removal and replacement.

Iron Golems have always seemed like a strong candidate for some kind of automated security system, so it's nice to hear that this might now be a viable option. I like the idea that they inherit some, if not all, of a snitch's functionality, should snitches ever go away.

If an IG defense system is truly viable, I have no doubt Int will find an interesting and viable solution that will balance the cost of having IGs against the value they provide.

Kudos, again, to Int for looking down the road and always planning interesting new approaches to this experience.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 08:25:28 am »

I can't wait, I have been busy the last few weeks so I have not been on much, but you bet your sweet backside I'll be on full time very soon.. I can't wait to craft some shields.

I need to build a shield room, can you display them on stands?
Lynnarock
Public

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 06:50:31 pm »

I built a whole armory to prep for the update. I'll be switching to axes once it rolls out  cool

Also can't wait to see how cross-world inventory will shape the future of my mass production empire. I can imagine being able to expand my smaller towns, and suddenly needing to build a massive treasury, and needing to do more record-keeping. I'm hyped already Cheesy

BRAAAAAAK!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: