Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sixth Day  (Read 10855 times)
FynalSlash
Public

« on: May 09, 2015, 12:53:28 am »

It is finally today. My sixth day unable to play anywhere but in basically lock up on this server. The day I was told I would most likely be released. The hours have been long but I've put them in to show I'm doing my time. I look forward to being restored, restoring others, and getting on with it all. Somehow it all snowballed into more than it needed to. Almost everyone involved seems ready for it to be over. I feel hopeful for the first time in about a week. I think I'll sleep tonight, and sleep well for the first time in days. I'm feeling hopeful and weary at the same time. This whole thing has been disheartening, but I'm finally starting to feel hopeful again.

No one who didn't care about this server and the people here or consider both worth it would go through this, put in this effort, wait this long, or put up with the treatment. So I'm hoping it comes to count for something. I regret some of my actions, even if I do feel the responses have been disproportionate. I've decided I don't regret my efforts or being this involved. frozen has said she never really wants to play this server again, or associate with people who have "put me in this state". But to be clear, I'm not a victim of anything. This is all my choice. I could have walked away at any time. Many times I felt sure I was going to. But now I'm drained by my own tenacity and I hope to sleep.. really sleep.. feel all this tension of strained effort leave me.. wake to find some peace. Maybe even some good will restored. Who knows.

I'm done being angry about... well, all the crap that no one really asked about in the first place, so why get into it. I'm done being broken-hearted that that was the case. I'm done arguing how right others were or how wrong I was. I'm done apologizing and putting myself out there to be crapped on. Or individually apologizing to everyone who is the exception for feeling that way. I'm sapped. At some point none of it is anymore constructive. So much drama that I can't help but think this could have been anyone. If not me, it would have been the next person widely disliked and seen as just a rousty. The only difference is they wouldn't have stuck it out.. So, maybe this whole thing can be a learning experience for more than just me. I can't help but think that some issues that would have come to light eventually with or without me have been revealed. I hope we can reason together. I hope in the future I can be part of the solution. I hope these efforts have been for something...

-x-
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 02:52:10 pm »

I hope so too, and I hope there won't be any more incidents out of you in the future

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 03:17:27 pm »

Everyone will have "incidents" eventually. My hope is that in the future they will not be weighed emotionally in the bias of fore-drawn conclusions, both sides and the facts will be heard. If that is the case, I am sure justice will be served and I will be fine.

-x-
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 03:53:51 am »

Well you did do the things you did, and emotions are actually what got you freed.
In-spite of the nonsense, people trying to put themselves in your shoes.  
Well I saw a lot of have focus on one or two players but not those who assisted you, which was many.  
I think the entire concept that You only have belongings to be returned BECAUSE Jonin took it upon himself to try to help you, and grab up your discarded items before any noob grabbed it all, was lost. We had a lot of new players that day.  

Yes there truly is more sides to a story.

I am glad this is all behind us all, this has effected others too

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:57:08 am by SavanahMile » Logged
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 05:46:21 am »

Justice and the principles (hopefully) served are not, to me, an emotional basis.
All Jonin did was keep his word. Yes, it was decent of him to offer and do so.
Yep. I realize others were affected. That's why I'm sticking around and making this effort to make it better.
I have your pearl when you're on.
That's all that really seems constructive to say.

-x-
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 06:13:46 am »

I am grateful for those who have helped advocate for my restoration and tried to hear and understand my part, as well. Thanks to those.

-x-
frozenjars
Public

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 06:27:31 am »

The more I read here, the more I am sincerely convinced that a good deal of people that have "power" here, shouldn't have it.

Emotions are what got someone freed? If that is a serious, and legitimate, statement that all the parties that partook in the restoration of Fynal being released, or anyone being released before him, or after him, agree with, it sounds as if the system in which you are working is flawed beyond repair. 

To say that you looked beyond fact and reparation to your emotional state(s) in order to determine if someone should have freedom is, and should be to all logical people, a statement more on your own inability to separate the two things in order to make a sound and just judgment.

It doesn't matter if a person is "able to put themselves in someone else's shoes". What does matter is the representation of facts, evidence and time served/reparations given. If someone did what they agreed to do, which in this case was serve out a sentence and then restore/fix property damages along with restoring items, then they should be released upon the conditions met, not because you emotionally decided to based on whimsy or "good-heartedness".
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 07:37:58 am »

I think the more I read the more annoyed I get, the more annoyed I have been reading all this bullshit.

Who are these people that have "power" here?  If you are referring to me, you are dead wrong lady.

YES this system must be flawed, a 3 repeat offender should not be freed in my books, so be thankful it is flawed as you put it.

THE FACTS ARE: What got him there, YOUR MAN GREIFED, ATTACKED AND KILLED other players, none of that is voluntary, period the end.
FACT.   HIS ACTIONS are why we had to go thru all this, and it hasn't been dropped.  He said he was sorry, he managed his release.  The end.

And yes emotions, the kindness of the victims to let it go, other players trying to assist the person who DID WRONG, he is not innocent, and that is what bugs me, is that all these posts have the arrogance of a wronged innocent man, which he was not!  so really!  Voluntaryism - people have CHOSEN to continue to interact with him, we see value in him as a person, player, and we hope things will go better in the future for him.

In baseball it's 3 strikes your out and yet he is still in the game.  So why isn't this over already?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:36:32 am by SavanahMile » Logged
Commander
Public

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 08:15:39 am »

I want to know what "emotionally" guided decisions you're implying of

has not your imprisonment and unimprisonment been based on unbias and straightforward fact and truth?

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 11:03:38 am »

I don't really care to argue it anymore, to be honest. If there is something constructive to be said, I will speak to that. I have never feigned innocence. Not once. I've only asked for understanding, and the opportunity to make amends. If you don't believe justice has been served, make that case in another thread and I'll pay you two pearls. If it's decided there has been some miscarriage of justice, I'll go back into pearling until justice is served, provided there is a consensus among the concerned parties about the revision.

But to the server at large, I will say a Three Strikes or other forms of minimum sentencing laws would not especially be voluntaryist, in my view. They presuppose that a unilateral mandate will work equally in all instances independent of other considerations rather than judging the cases on an individual basis, and judging them on the basis of the facts. My guilt has been established. My reparations have been accepted. If you think there are grounds to appeal the decision, no one is stopping you from making that case, and I would again comply. I was given the opportunity to escape from prison more than once. I declined, feeling that it would be in more good faith towards the objective of just restoration to serve my time and do my best to make good rather than undermining those efforts or those who sought that justice. That is my goal. That is why I'm still here to be a part of this server and the principles it espouses. So, I would again comply.

It seems that your options are:
1. Accept the ruling and let all parties move forward to more productive ends.
2. Goad, gloat, rail, and fight to no constructive end.
3. Make a case of appeal to the ruling, which I agree to abide by in the case of communal consensus.

-x-
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 11:09:03 am »

I believe they have, Commander. I have not contended otherwise. I've only said that my hope is that "in the future" fact and justice will continue to be the deciding factors.

-x-
frozenjars
Public

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 11:42:23 am »

I'm sorry, but I don't enjoy the condescending tone or heavily-dripped sarcasm you left as a response to my post, Savannah.

It's one thing to disagree, it's another to purposefully dismiss a post. No one here has contested a single thing you said. Fynal did those things. Was his freedom given because someone felt sorry for him, as you say? 

No. Other people have examined facts, from both sides, and declared him to be square. They spoke with him about whether or not he wanted to make peace, pay up and do his time before being released to rebuild. They did this without emotion, using logic and reason.

Has he paid up? Has he done his time?

The answer to both things is "yes". Others will agree with that statement. It had nothing to do with a person's emotional outcry to allow him to have another chance. The only thing emotions have done is prevent him gaining freedom long before someone finally realized that it's wrong to allow someone to stay in prison without a release date. That isn't emotional. That's logical.

While I consider this particular case (Fynal being pearled) to be done, I don't consider the attitudes of some involved to be okay or acceptable in any society. When someone unpopular does something wrong, they're pearled. When someone popular commits crimes of fraud and stealing (which were both proven to be true), they're given nothing for it.

Miscarriages of justice here are rampant and one of the reasons why I have chosen to, at this time, disassociate with those that I feel are emotionally reckless, unapologetic and morally indecent.

Thank you for taking the time to read this wall of words. It sincerely is appreciated.
Commander
Public

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 02:18:41 pm »

well I like you frozen, and i think you've handled yourself grandly throughout this situation

tempers flew and emotions ran wild from all parties for a couple days

whether or not that had a significant impact on the length of your prison sentence remains to be seen

these things always take time to work out

somehow, I don't think this drama is truly over..

fynal will begin whining about galactic chat if he hasn't already

he's already pearled a noob apparently for slapping at him on the ship

and begrudgingly released him...

treading on thin ice in my opinion, after 1 day of being unpearled

FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 02:49:19 pm »

I don't know why you're portraying me as someone trying to do wrong. I'm not "whining". I'm not complaining. I'm not trying to cause trouble. I had not even meant to pearl the kid. I was holding the pearl waiting on beamup to give it to Sav because it's what I owed her. The kid then attacked me first, to the point that I had to attack back to keep from dying and dropping the stuff I was there to give Sav. He died, then came right back over to me and attacked again and again. Here's the screencap verifying that.

And yes, for the record, I do think allcaps shouting "ASSHOLE" and such at someone in Galactic, behavior people she dislikes would be would be chat-banned for, while using your position to enforce the double standard knowing that for you there will not be consequences is not right. I have been civil, amicable, and made every effort and will continue to. But I am not the only party whose behavior needs to be addressed at this point. You being demonizing does not show a great interest in the facts.

This dismissive attitude of fore-drawn conclusions helps no one. This needs to stop already.

* confirmation.png (411.49 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 1121 times.)

-x-
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 02:54:04 pm »

I noticed 2 important things here.  One you could see my chat, yet you refused to answer me.
Two you perled him immediately then typed in STOP.
basically you don't perl a noob for a slap.

So why is this chat thread still going on why are you still doing things that as you all put it would make you unpopular?  really.  
I will not be commenting anymore on your threads,  it seems to just be another drama ploy i have no time for
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:04:36 pm by SavanahMile » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: