Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MobLimiter and Spawn Changes  (Read 4325 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: May 01, 2014, 02:27:48 am »

I made pretty huge changes to the way spawning works on the server now

I changed the base spawn to attempt to spawn much larger numbers of monsters than previously but at a slower rate

I also installed a mod that restricts how many mobs can spawn within a chunk and within the view distance. This will prevent people from spawning/breeding hundreds of animals in a small area which increases load times and causes lag. I set monster spawn counts at what i think is a pretty reasonable if not too easy levels.

to check the counts use the following commands:
/animals
/monsters
/villagers

i coded my own improvements to the mod to restrict where mobs can actually spawn. it should spawn them in a range that your more likely to come across them now instead deep underground or at other heights you might not interact with them

I also coded the mod to count and limit spawner mobs separately from regularly spawning mobs. So now if someone is using a spawner it will cap out at a certain number so as not to build upto hundreds and crash the server. but that cap is seperate from the normal monster spawning, so even while people are using spawners, the normal spawn should behave as usual instead of drying up to nothing

all of these changes together should add up to more monsters in areas your likely to visit, but keep the total monster counts on the server lower overall so the server doesn't get over burdened

it should also hopefully reduce the occasional server lag spikes that were happening before

If you notice any bugs or irregularities with these changes please tell me on this thread. (many areas may still be full of previously spawned monsters which may take a bit of time to despawn before the spawn distinct improvements can help)

Thanks, Enjoy!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:12:02 am by Intangir » Logged
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 02:39:18 am »

people should probably start spreading out all of the animal density in orange

it won't let anyone breed animals until they are more distributed

(i might raise the animal group limit)
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:24:00 am »

I think that is agood idea to raise the limit a little 200 is nothing apparently, masterbeef apparently has like 60-80 chickens alone in oc expansion, and people want their own animals even though they are in a city
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: