Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming changes  (Read 25656 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2015, 02:28:01 pm »

i am thinking of disabling galactic chat

there will still be local chat, private chat, and channel chat, but you will have to join and invite people to channels

there won't be 1 default global channel that everyone is automatically joined into

this recent .. completely disgusting drama .. is really not something i want to help facilitate, it has been very public, very ugly, and very disappointing, even i have made my opinion clear publicly..

and now i am thinking having 1 'common's channel is a bad idea, everyone can still make private channels with /join and invite people with /invite

i tried to turn it on but it didn't work right, i think it is because everyone already has their user settings set to use it

im going to test it out proper (it worked before i couldve sworn) and if the drama doesn't die down, if certain people dont' stop constantly telling each person who joins how they egged someone with inaccurate lies instead of the truth then he will have to do it in private tells and in private channels instead of in the galactic chat channel

that goes for anyone else who wants to continue rumor mongering behind peoples backs
this has been really upsetting to witness..
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 04:06:29 pm »

I think we need galactic chat otherwise I can not talk to people on other maps.

so everyone would be forced to be on one map
I do not want to go backwards because someone is running their mouth.  That's wrong.  Then we all suffer?  That is not voluntary. Smiley  I did not agree to another person screwing up my chat.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:08:32 pm by SavanahMile » Logged
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 04:28:58 pm »

i agree with savanah

we've been through this before when global was turned off back on V3

it isolated everybody and im blaming that as a big reason why v3 got so dead towards the end of that map right before AF came out

would be a colossal mistake to make a drastic change in the community's communication the day after an incident

thanks for trying to find a solution, but i dont think this one is the right call

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 04:33:14 pm »

or do you think stricter chat moderating would fix this problem

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 04:43:37 pm »

It wouldn't make us all need to be on the same map, the channel system would still be in place, there just wouldn't be a default one everyone auto joins

you would just make your own and invite people, you can even invite EVERYONE to a new channel, but instead of it being a 'server' channel, it would just be a channel you made

all of the channels work across worlds
Dresdom
Public

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 06:30:35 am »

I think this is a terribly bad idea.

Think about the new players (such as me) that connect for the first time, ask around for some directions and get radio silencie as there are no default channel. Even with a detailed tutorial and explanation, it seems pretty counterintuitive and inconvenient.

What about when you have some general question, like "Who wants to buy a horse" or "Ey where is X city". Having to /msg every connected player is cumbersome and annoying.

Best case scenario, we create a "General" group and every time we connect we need to type /join General. It's unnecesary and the problem will remain the same.

I think it's a bad idea to damage a system we use 100% of the time ir order to avoid a specific problem that exceptionally arises. We have a saying for that in spanish: To kill a fly with cannon fire.

A simple /ignore command, or a /silence voting system can easily solve the issue in a more convenient way.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2015, 10:23:07 am »

Well said Dresdom, he gives the point of view of a new player, and we want to keep attracting new players.  Thank you for your input.
zombienerd
Public

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2015, 12:39:39 pm »

Dresdom, I like the idea of a /silence command. 

For example, If 4 people use the command within 20 seconds, the 'offender' is muted for one minute, and escalates time each subsequent /silence.

Not sure how hard that would be to code, but it's a heck of an idea.  But, with all systems, there is always potential for abuse as well.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2015, 01:03:21 pm »

yea i changed my mind again, the drama seems to have cooled off now anyway

the main reason i didn't do it, and haven't done it in the past is definitely because of the new player issue you mentioned, i have also considered it, guess it is just too impractical
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 01:05:11 pm »

i might be able to do a /silence type of thing, i already have an anti spam setup that blocks people if they are spamming, i can probably weigh in a silence mechanic from other players
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2015, 12:33:28 pm »

I am formulating a few plans to hopefully increase the activity and ease for new players soon
+
for one i am planning on replacing prison pearl still with my warding idea i had, where you would basically put an enchantment on a player head of someone you have killed and it would repel them from an area by putting a negative effect on them when they go in that area

basically it would allow you to effectively deny them from an area, but not entire worlds

so the idea is to give less power to pearl holders but still enough so that they can protect themselves

it is my hope it will give some newer players who don't always understand the way we do things here a chance to play and learn or at least give them more of a fighting chance if they don't learn Wink

thanks to all of the feedback i am also planning on adding more easy content for players who enjoy that, the next survey world will be relatively simple and vanillaish in difficulty.

I am also thinking i will have new players start ON new survey worlds, as if our expedition has arrived and discovered them already on the planet. this might be less confusing for new players as they will now instead start planetside in a place they can simply run off and start playing on

Igloosnowbal
Public

pizza

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2015, 06:47:12 pm »

Are heads gonna be 100% chance of drops? Or will you do it like you hold a specific item it will go away when used but that makes it 100% chance of head. Is the range gonna be adjustable or will we need a crap ton of heads?

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2015, 07:29:09 pm »

im probably going to adjust the head drop rate higher a bit, but not 100%, and no special items to get heads

and the range will be adjustable a bit, you will be able to apply more potion to it to increase the radius and effect

the maximum radius will cover most of a city like orange

i think i am also going to make it wear off over time, but you will be able to tell the potency from the particle effects on the head
Igloosnowbal
Public

pizza

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2015, 09:01:08 pm »

If it wears off over time do we need to re-enchant it or add the potion as you said?
Or will we need an all new head?

SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 08:22:24 am »

I agree you have great ideas, and of course igloo poses an excellent question, how long will we have to ability to repel a bad player from our cities and lands.

Also when you catch a player and kill them will they automatically go to the ship, because it might take more than one kill to get one head.  Some players have multiple properties to protect as well, so this could get interesting.  When a player gets killed it could be a small free for all for everyone to get a head to ban them from their cities.  ahhah
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: