Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Networking issues  (Read 4596 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: September 12, 2013, 11:57:32 pm »

Our ISP has been less and less reliable lately, i don't know what their problem is but their service has gotten to the point of being unplayable almost every night for an hour or more at a time..

We have called the tech support dozens of times and now their official policy is to apparently LIE to us.

So we are going to be trying out the services of another provider starting early next week. Their service is not going to be as high bandwidth as the advertised speed of our current provider but it may still be more than fast enough, and most importantly it should be far more reliable and consistent regardless of the time of day or radio interference (its fiber optic) They are also rolling out much faster speeds in the near future

According to my calculations of our current bandwidth usage if the new service is near their advertised speed it should be more than adequate to support upwards of 20-50 people

I'll let everyone know once its in and please give me feedback after that point on whether you notice any slow chunk loading or disconnections afterwards
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:00:38 am by Intangir » Logged
brainlesszombie5
Public

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 04:08:16 pm »

grin that's good to know! I've had some really bad connection. It might be on my side but after a certain amount of time I crash completely and can get back on only in till a couple hours later

A man like me just needs infinity
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 04:57:26 pm »

Wolv15 came on yesterday after a long time gone, he was playing around with intangir, and combat tagged, and timing being what it is, the connection started to crap out.  Here is what I saw,
he kept logging on and off while combat tagged, while sitting on his cool new horse, after doing this 3-4 times, the horse disappeared!  Just gone, it glitched the horse, so if you are on your horse and combat tagged do not log on and off and on and off.  If you are not combat tagged you are okay. 
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 05:56:17 pm »

the other connection is just way to slow so we didn't switch...

we are still on the same service that has been giving us issues..

hopefully whatever it is won't continue for long
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: