Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New features and changes (enderchests, nether portals, no stargates)  (Read 7051 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: August 13, 2013, 05:12:07 am »

First the good news:

* I added enderchests (you just can't use them to store prison pearls)

* I also added 'nether' portals. You can build them wherever you want exactly the same way as nether portals and they take you to another dimension where you cover 10 times more ground than normal, it isn't the nether though, it is a completely empty void, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. We will have to build any networks completely from scratch, it will also be difficult to hide portals here.
Be careful not to fall, it is a long way down Wink

* I removed the inventory switching it did when you change from world to world

* I added another fresh new world. It will be the prison world. it may seem familiar to some.. explore it through the gateway at x 22278 z 12197.

Now the bad news:

* Stargates (wormhole extreme) was a shitty, unupdated mod which i just couldn't fix. it is just too awful.. im surprised it ever worked, so it has been replaced

* You can't ride horses through the portals they just won't trigger the teleport event yet (bukkit is still adding alot of events for horses). They sometimes disappear mysteriously after going through a portal while your off of them, they can also fall to their deaths in the void. Sometimes they work though! be very careful taking a horse through the portals!!

* I removed world_desert (doldrums), the frozen challenge world, and Wilderlands (world_harsh) because i don't have a working solution for swapping inventories and locations while portaling.. and its needlessly complex to try it, it is also needlessly complex to host so many worlds so i am most likely permanently retiring them. I will probably make challenge world available for download.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 05:14:00 am by Intangir » Logged
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 12:07:10 pm »

We have no nether or end period?

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 01:26:26 pm »

we have everything from the nether

netherrack/lava/blazers in volcanos
the nether road capability from the void

the end has no way to get to it, and not a whole lot of purpose anyway

the end dimension has alot of hard coded bullshit around it which make it practically impossible to use it for anything other than exactly the default

i wanted to make the void in the end dimension but it is impossible

Commander
Public

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 01:35:15 pm »

Will the dragon be added back in somehow down the road?

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 02:49:28 pm »

i dont know, i have some fun ideas for it but i don't know if its possible, i think alot of his ai and pathing are hard coded to stick to around 0 0

we don't even have a 0 0 Wink

i think it would be fun to have dragons living at volcanos
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:05:49 pm by Intangir » Logged
Commander
Public

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 02:54:05 pm »

That's a cool idea

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 06:04:09 am »

oh ya i had put in a feature to disable genetically modifying sheep by feeding them dye, and instead made it so that your only dying their wool Wink and it will go back to white the next time you shear them

i had not recalled that bentlg was making an entire city of wool when i made that change... it was not intended to halt his project so i re-enabled genetic modification of sheep (at least for now)

i still want to bring colored wool more in line with colored clay so i will probably add new recipes to dye 8 pieces of wool at a time on the crafting table like you can with clay (instead of 1, or dying the sheep) and disable sheep retaining their dyed wool between shearings

i'll hold off until it won't so adversely effect an ongoing project though
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 06:06:01 am »

I also added an easter egg surprise somewhere for people to discover

it will surely be discovered pretty quickly given its location
Bentlg123
Public

Alias: Bobpringle

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 10:20:13 pm »

Thank Intangir, that wool thing killed me last night, after i did the math to find out I would need close to 500 pieces of Lapis Lazuli to finish my tower.  grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: