Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Retiring Creative in near future, other possible plans  (Read 5508 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: June 26, 2013, 11:50:14 pm »

I am retiring the creative server
it is too much trouble to maintain a whole separate set of mods and to counter the griefing attempts that are constantly going on there..

i will make the map available for download as there have definitely been some very nice creative and beautiful creations made there

im also considering if or how i might scale down the server to 1 mode/server instead of a network of servers with multiple options

the multiple servers/modes offering did seem to do what i wanted it to do (attract a range of players with a range of preferences), but the maintenance costs other downsides like how hard it is to update the whole network (every server, ever mod) when a new version, or a fix comes out may outweigh it and there may more attractive offerings that have better cost to benefit ratio

the minecraft proxy server has also been an ongoing pain to keep up to date and i believe it might be adding to lag and delay

I'm still looking into what options i can manage moving forward but there very well could be some major changes coming to the server soon, for example, v1, v2, and creative will probably be going away, the multi server lobby setup may go away also

I am looking at other strategies to attract players, like a more rich backstory, a more informative spawn location, a subreddit, and custom mods that contribute to the story line and allow for more of an RP element, I am also considering adding some sort of portaling system again (but i do want to make it costly so it isn't the only long range travel option anyone considers), as well as a more dedicated focus to the survival/anarchy game type on challenge and anarchy (which i may try host as separate worlds on a single server or something similar)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:55:54 pm by Intangir » Logged
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 04:47:07 pm »

awe I loved V2, it was so cool, miss the stargates, please give us a heads up, people are playing on v2, LLama and Locke_c are playing on there.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 05:50:00 pm »

Heres a nice screenshot album of my favorite plots on creative:
http://imgur.com/a/HBG29

also here is the map for download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32723942/Creative.zip
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 11:10:14 pm »

If you do add a spawn location like on v1 and v2, I volunteer to help construct and donate supplies for making it.

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 02:45:47 am »

cool man
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 08:53:06 am »

me too, I have lots of supplies on anarchy.
anoddhue
Public

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 06:44:21 pm »

Just some suggestions:

If you choose to retire the challenge server, perhaps make the anarchy server have a challenge biome?

It also might make sense to retire one or both of the v1/v2 servers and offer as a download.

Sorry to hear that the Creative server might be retired.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: