Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates on the way  (Read 2953 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: October 27, 2012, 09:45:52 pm »

There are a few updates coming down the pike soon. Preparing, configuring and testing them has been taking a lot of my free time lately.

As i'm sure most of you know, the 1.4.2 client is out, one of the updates will allow 1.4.2 clients to log into the server even though the server is really still only a 1.3.2 version server. It is still being tested in conjunction with our other mods. It is a much more recent build of the server software we use, and has had a lot of additions and changes (some of which could be unstable). Bukkit 1.4.2 is still not yet available and probably wont be for a while yet.

There are a few other configuration and login scripts which i'm also updating, as well as some permissions changes which are needed for the next change.

One of the biggest possible changes on the horizon is the addition of a portaling mod which allows instantaneous point to point transport using Stargates! If anyone has watched the sci-fi stargate, the new gates will work exactly like that Wink its actually pretty damn awesome! You would construct a large gate and 'dial home device' from obsidian and use it to create temporary wormholes to other gates Wink its really fun!, but it does have a pretty profound impact on the play style of our server. Up until now distances have been a big factor on the server, stargates will obviously make large distance much less of a factor. Due to this, the decision to add the mod is still under consideration. If anyone wants to weigh in on whether they think this would be a welcome addition or not, feel free to share your opinions.

Hopefully the kinks will be worked out soon and i can get back to spending more of my free time showing you all how to play minecraft like a pro  grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: