Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware issues, and UPGRADES! :)  (Read 3507 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: September 09, 2012, 12:26:15 am »

Well we have apparently been having a growing issue with weird networking latency issues. and now it seems to have come to a critical juncture. Even i, on the same network as the server was having serious networking issues with it (which made debugging and fixing it quite a challenge)

I guess the networking card/chip (its integrated into the motherboard) was just going out (dying) slowly.... i dont know. im not 100% sure that was the (only) problem but it seems pretty likely at this point.

I disabled the onboard networking chip, and installed a new networking card, after some difficulty i got the drivers properly installed and it is working much more reliably now that the old one was.... i'm hoping that solves that..

Since i was unsure of what the problem was, i also bought a new solid state drive, its insanely fast Wink and bought a new sata controller too that supports 6gig/s? or some insane rate like that.. the access time was .01 ms...WTF Smiley thats fast Smiley

i installed minecraft on it Smiley

I don't know if it will make a big performance increase. we shall see Wink

ps. the minecraft.net authentication servers are down right now so no one with a paidfor account can connect, those aren't my servers and theres nothing i can do about it ;( however, they aren't usually down for long
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:06:01 am »

ya server actually seems to be much more responsive now...

im guessing its more of the networking fix than the ssd, but it cant hurt Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: