Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.3 server report ;)  (Read 3106 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: August 25, 2012, 02:09:51 am »

well 1.3 servers seem to be generally improving, many weird bugs are being identified and patched successfully either in the server itself or in vital mods. there are still no 100% solutions yet for 1.3.1 however

we are currently running an optimized server build which negates the need for some mods that are vital (yet BUGGY) in the vanilla bukkit

however this optimized server build has its own problems, after a random amount of time (anywhere from a 2 to 14 hours) it will hardlock my ENTIRE system.. it has generally averaged about 4-6 hours... SO i have installed a new script and mod that will routinely restart the server on a 3 hour schedule. it gives several warnings before doing it so you should not be surprised.

new updates are coming out for the bukkit server and this optimized build (called spigot) and i am keeping up with tweaks, quirks, bugs, and other changes each version. If they pass a test for a few of the recent known bugs, and throw no errors on my test server i will generally install them. Once we get a proven stable build (which hasnt happened yet) i will be doing restarts and upgrades far less frequently

the situation overall does seem to have improved in the last week at least (yet still the long term instability remains)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: