Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: downgraded successful  (Read 2976 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: August 20, 2012, 01:40:07 am »

i restored the server software and most of the mods to versions we were using days ago, and the hunger, eating, falling thru world, and drowning issues seem to be gone, growth is also working..

looks as stable as its been all week again...

sorry for the instabilities lately. the server software is still not 100% stable. it still will die anywhere between 20 MINUTES (at the shortest once) and more likely around 4 to 8 hours (the tickrate drops so low, and it stops responding to commands)

this is the rollercoaster we might be on until they finally stabalize it

there is an insane frenzy of server updates coming out nonstop.. apparently none of them tackling the biggest problem of long time stability.. but most of them tackling smaller problems, and leading to MORE bugs...

i feel obligated to try new updates, they are always advertised so well like BUKKIT today saying a new recommended build, which turned out to be buggy as shit..

many of the issues caused today were from nocheatplus...

i downgraded that and most of the flaws went away..

this is a complete nightmare for a server admin, im sorry for any losses anyone has taken

i DO run these updates on a test server first but many of these flaws are not immediately apparent on a 1 man test server..

sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the patience...
i can't wait till the stability is back up to an acceptable level so i can enjoy playing the game again instead of jockeying new and old versions in and out on my test and live server...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:44:46 am by Intangir » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: