Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Well the server is finally taken down..  (Read 3714 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: December 10, 2021, 03:51:23 pm »

Well the server is finally concluded i guess, after nearly a decade.. I was going to just leave it on for like.. ever but apparently a security exploit was discovered which all old versions are vulnerable to, and the quick fix turns off all logging anyway so i can't even see whats going on on it..

So I guess after nearly a decade (although it was near completely inactive since 1.14) perhaps this is the end of the anarchic frontiers/voluntaryist minecraft server.

I will always cherish the times I had on the server playing with everyone, so did SavanahMile and I know many other people had meaningful experiences and friendships they will always remember, I hope everyone has a happy and enjoyable life out there in the real world, I miss you all and wish you all the best!

Sincerely Intangir
Igloosnowbal
Public

pizza

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 04:14:37 pm »

I didn't even think the server was still up, every once in a while I check the website but it normally doesn't even open so I figured the server wouldn't be open either.

It's sad to see it taken down but like, as you said, it hasn't been active anytime recently

I hope you're still doing well, maybe we'll all get to play something else again in the future or something, whether it be minecraft or something else.

Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 06:09:09 pm »

For some reason, I decided to check the website today after several years of not playing.. and see this.

I have to say, this server taught me a shit ton of life lessons and allowed me to form genuine connections with people that I never thought I'd get through some video game. I had just turned 14 when vbelac and I found this guy who was hosting a minecraft server based on something called volunteerianism Wink lol, I think we thought it was like a charity thing. Had no clue I'd learn about things like property rights, personal freedoms, justice, etc.

The server definitely helped me through my adolescent years, when I had a bad day there was an awesome community of players on here I could connect to, talk with, and have fun together. I'm 23 now, doing the college thing, got 3 A.A.S. degrees in IT through community college, now midway through a Bachelor's in Cyber Security through online university.

Seeing how society functions without centralized government control in a virtual environment was an interesting experiment. There certainly wasn't a lack of dramatic events. There were times when tempers soared, battles were fought, and homesteads were destroyed, but there were also times when rational understanding prevailed, peace was made, and cities prospered.

Whether a video game form of voluntaryism would transfer to the real world and work effectively, I don't know. Maybe one day in the far future if society is mostly independent thinkers it is able to work, but for now, I've learned that the majority of people not only want to be controlled themselves but also force other people to be controlled via governments, which is crazy to think about.

I do hope the worlds become downloadable for any player to load it up on their own machine and take a trip down memory lane though, that would be pretty cool.

If you ever need me, I think Savanah has my facebook.

All my best to every person on here and stay strong going forward in life.

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Conan215
Public

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 11:21:22 pm »

Logged on here today just for old times sake I knew the server had been down from trying to join. I quite literally grew up here, i joined when i was ten, and now i'm 20. I appreciate all of you, everyone I met and got close with and even tho I was a handful and probably annoyed the shit out most of you/made you mad I genuinely loved you guys and i say that with all my tiny little heart. I am forever thankful to have known you all. I know it's been a long long time and we're all grown now and have/still have lives but I hope one day in the future we can all play together again some day. I hope everyone's doing well and wish nothing but the best for you in your lives. I'm sorry if this is stupid but I miss you losers deeply <3

Signed your favorite curmudgeon  cry grin
TestificateTom
Public

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2023, 10:30:51 pm »

I will always remember the time I spent on this server and the people I met. I truly enjoyed every moment of it, and its hard to believe that I started playing on the server at 14 (nearly a decade ago, now). Some days, it feels like yesterday. The server helped me through many phases in my life and allowed me to make connections I never thought I would. I hope each and every one of you are doing well in life, and maybe we'll see each other again one day. Best of luck, -Logan.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: