Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Discord App for Chat.  (Read 11794 times)
Aio_Fox
Public

Im a fox; i have to be quick

« on: February 10, 2017, 01:35:15 am »

Hey everyone; Aio here Smiley its been really quiet on the server. And new players may end up leaving seeing how quiet it is there. Minecraft might have gotten boring for some of you; but sometimes i think a different approach might help. Need some objectives, some roleplay and people to talk to of course Cheesy. Discord is the right application for everyone to keep in touch wherever they are. Ill list the advantages below:

-Discord can be installed on PC and on Mobile; so you can chat anywhere you are.
-Discord can be linked to our minecraft server through a plugin; making it possible for players in the game and people in discord to chat with one another. You will know when someone has logged in as well.
-Discord has a bot system, allowing us to listen to music with one another and also has voice chat for those who like to talk Smiley

Its quite simple to learn how to use. So i hope Intangir gets to set up the plugin. There are many out there, so im not sure which one would be compatible with the server. So get your discord application here https://discordapp.com/ and if you want it on your mobile just search the google play and apple store.

I have made the discord server already so once you got the app and followed the tutorial, add this server for our minecraft. https://discord.gg/XTn4EED  Hope you guys have a good day.
Aio_Fox
Public

Im a fox; i have to be quick

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:04:12 am »

Good news; i tried DiscordMC plugin on a test server and it worked like a charm. I've set up the bot already so all need is the plugin installation. What version is this server running anyway? Spigot, Craftbukkit?
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 04:24:45 pm »

if this can be hooked up to the server I think that would be great

I've been wanting an out-of-game chat system like the IRC we use to have

though that was before channels and colored ranks were added

if all that is required is an installation of a plugin and no reconfiguration of any coding then I say go for it

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Lynnarock
Public

Alias: Lord-Ragnarock
Alias: Lynnch51

Arhemadan The Holy Pterodactyl God

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:30:59 pm »

I've come to really love Discord (And that's despite my open source philosophy Tongue ) I think this will be a huge help! Thanks AIO! Smiley

BRAAAAAAK!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: