Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.9 is out! server plans for 1.9  (Read 19299 times)
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 10:53:41 am »

Snapshots for minecraft 1.10 are coming in 2-3 weeks and we haven't even updated to 1.9 yet Sad

https://mojang.com/2016/04/minecraft-snapshot-16w14a/

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 08:30:21 pm »

the snap shot isn't the version, most people haven't even gone to 1.9 yet on the servers to my knowledge.  he said he is working on it.  Hang in there, make sure you got materials for what you need in 1.9 would be my suggestion
Jonin420
Public

Question, Why Am I So Good?

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 10:28:41 pm »

im too lazy to look up what ill need but im sure I got plenty of the important stuff honestly this server not being updated has no affect on my playing or not playing this game ive been busy for a month in a half irl but when im not ill be on becuz no matter the version of this server its still the best one out there and ill be around as long as its running hope everyone can enjoy it intangir is always trying to make it better for us but we cant rush him people have lifes outside this game so considering that people shouldn't be complaining about it not 1.9 yet if this was their server they wouldn't have been able to do what intangir hasn't anyways when im on if people need help with stuff just ask I may be able to help still having fun just a few days ago me,lynnch and BobwasGoat killed the first wither of the survey world which I like to call Spira (screw lynch and his alanza Tongue) then shortly after vbelac helped kill the 2nd wither there is still stuff people havnt done on that world it has not been tapped out yet
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 09:17:44 am »

1.9 came out over an entire year after 1.8, 1.10 isn't almost out.. get real

i have been working on the updates, there is alot to do, alot has changed in the main server engines since, there are new versions i am testing, bukkit is basically gone, spigot is still around but there is also one called paper i am trying to test out, and a new proxy server as well that i am testing. plus i only have so many machines so testing a multiserver setup on 1 machine requires a crap ton of copying, transfering over the network, adjusting config files, port juggling.. etc..

i also setup the current survey as a more permanent world with routine backups now

most of the multiserver servers out there have NOT converted to 1.9 yet, it is time consuming. the only servers on my list that have even converted are more simplistic single world servers where they only have to worry about 1 install and a few mods. i also have a full time job and minecraft isn't exactly my top priority, but i am making progress on the new setup and 1.9 is the next closest goal i should be able to reach.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:19:21 am by Intangir » Logged
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 12:20:34 pm »

looking forward to it

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 08:13:30 pm »

We all appreciate all of your hard work Intangir, and we really are looking forward to another amazing version setup by you.   You have us spoiled now, and can't wait to see the 1.9 on this server here, playing with all the cool, wonderful friends, and quality people that have grown and become friends on this server.
Lynnarock
Public

Alias: Lord-Ragnarock
Alias: Lynnch51

Arhemadan The Holy Pterodactyl God

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 11:47:17 pm »

A lot of the big big servers I'm on have made themselves "1.8/1.9-compatible." Thought it was too good to be true, and that's exactly what it was. Shields don't function, same spam-clicky combat mechanics, it's basically an update in name only. Talk about a bummer :/

Whatever you come out with, Intangir, you can be at peace knowing it will be far better than what the most popular servers are pulling off! It'll be worth whatever wait's required Smiley

BRAAAAAAK!
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 07:46:54 am »

Lynch you make an excellent point!!   grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

when Intangir rolls something out it usually works, sometimes he has to make stuff work, which means more coding, or if it doesn't work, he will not put garbage out for people to be disappointed and complain about.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 09:09:51 pm »

well the progress so far is this

i have a new working proxy server setup and ready to deploy that supports both 1.8 and 1.9 at the same time, its kind of cool. it will go through a list until it finds a server your client supports

i got all of the proxy mods working on it apparently too, at least i don't see any issues yet

now far as the actual minecraft server goes
several mods have been updated or fixed
worldborder
worldedit
healthbar
combattag (untested)

there are still quite a few mods to update

chairs (skipping for now since its not vital)
shopkeepers (obviously quite important..)
several of my tweak have somehow broken (biome names changed?)
preciousstones
nocheatplus

and thats just as far as ive gotten before the log started spamming errors and crashed
also chunk generation doesn't work on these 1.9 servers ive tried so far.. i don't know what the deal is, bad builds, bad servers, something.. it spams tile entity generation errors on chunk generation.. not sure if you can still even play on it yet.. im still sorting out build errors and crashes on mods so i haven't even gotten to log in on them yet

soon enough i hope to at least have a test "1.9 survey" world up, this will be a totally temporary, mostly basic world with most of our common mods on it for shopkeepers, citadel, vampires, etc.. everything on this world will be temporary but it should be fully supporting all 1.9 features, and most of our long time favorite mods. after we test that everything is stable and working on that, i will roll it out to the rest 1 by 1

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 09:12:17 pm by Intangir » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: