Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interferance in Voluntary Resolutions  (Read 7153 times)
frozenjars
Public

« on: May 28, 2015, 08:56:19 pm »

Tonight, as many noticed, we had a little bit of an issue with someone, yet again, ignoring clearly posted signs around our Valley property. When I went to handle the situation, Sav, decided to throw herself into the situation, when she didn't need to.

With her doing this, it made the situation much more tense than it ever needed to be. I understand that she doesn't like me, or Fynal, but that is zero excuse for her behavior in chat or butting into a problem that wasn't hers to begin with.

The player is new, yes. But, I am going to assume that if the kid can type, he can also read. We have KOS notices everywhere and he blatantly ignored the ones he came across to find a quicker path to wherever it was he was going. We found this out because we took the FIVE MINUTES he was perld to speak with him and talk, civilly, about why it's not cool to go through someone's land without permission.

How we decide to police OUR land is up to us. If people don't like that we perl'd some kid to be able to talk and reason with him, that's on them. I'd much rather them talk to us, let them know what's going on and then unperl them a few minutes later than let them continue thinking it's okay to ignore very clear signs and think there is no consequence. It's not our intention to even actually KILL someone. So long as the person actually tries to leave our land when asked, it's all good. We have talked to a few before that have fallen into the valley or just decided to jump in. Either way, we always try to let them know they're only welcome if they ask, and are granted permission to be here.

And to be clear, the kid clearly stated he knew it was private property and I told him to leave. When that didn't work, I asked him to stay where he was, he didn't. I did try to offer him blood to get him to stay in place until Fynal could perl him as a last resort, and would have given it to him, but he ran off before I could finish typing the command. He also followed Fynal into our home after being told, again, he wasn't welcome which is another offense and ignoring of our wishes for him to leave. THAT is why he was perl'd. Not merely because he was on our land. All of this was talked about, with him, while he was being held. It's was not our intention to ever hold him indefinitely (as you know, we have a problem with that sort of thing) and merely wanted to set a record straight.

You can disagree with the actions taken and, of course, that's fine. We handled the situation as I think a lot of people would have in this case. If I am 100% wrong in this, please let me know.
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 09:07:40 pm »

Yep. I wasn't going to start this topic, but since it's here..
I understand it was probably just a new kid. Maybe they understood. Maybe they didn't. But there was no malicious or undue use of pearling here. The pearling was used as I think pearling should be, and as I thought SavanahMile herself told me we were allowed to use it- as a temporary time out. Literally only long enough for them to confirm they understand not to trespass and agree not to do it again. The chat raging is something I would have been.. and was.. global banned for.

I messaged the person even before they were pearled, and continued to afterwards, immediately seeking some resolution, which took easily less than 4 minutes. Here are the screenshots of that conversation:
http://i.imgur.com/It39ihN.png
http://i.imgur.com/qVGpTUQ.png

When I went to the lobby to release them, I saw that they were already there...
This sort of interference is counterproductive, and cries of "You're hurting the user base by enforcing the rules!" from Savanah don't strike me as overwhelming so much as an attempt at demonization. The facts of the case are bare. Examine them for yourself. In the future, please let us reach peaceful resolution without the interventionalism. That is all.

-x-
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 07:25:45 am »

Matter of business: Interference???  Not at all.
Being a member of the Justice Council on both worlds, yes it is my business to seek information when I log on to see a player telling another player they will give them something then the player is pearled.  Or anyone getting killed or pearled, I have been playing on this server for over 2 years and there are other trusted and respected players who have been here even longer, and they would do the same thing inquiry as to what happened.

I start that you have posted one side, your side, but there are always two sides.
To pearl a new player, an inexperienced player for walking on your land, when they may or may not have even know they did or what pearling is, is not a good example of using the prison pearl here, and to answer your question/statement FynalSlash, NO, I did not tell you to do this. 

Matter of fact I  stated against this, I foresaw an issue with your original posts on the website. BTW, FYI new players don't always go to the website.

It is not in the best interest of the server base to pearl anyone who comes on your land if they are not premeditated or griefing or a problem, or being a rude or a jerk.  a lone guy trying to make his way to New Dawn for the past day, is trying to get to New Dawn, I gave him the coords to New Dawn to get a lot and join the group, and had spoken with this player earlier in the day when he first started his journey, as evident by the rank upgrade, not to mention you were on all day and could see my posts.

I will always inquire, even if you continue to try to bully me into turning a blind eye, it will not happen.
Others will always inquire, that is how we are on this server.   
It is a game as Vbelac has pointed out and we want new players to play, and not get turned off by too much douchebaggery.

Might I mention-
Staying on the ship raises concern of you reverting back to your New player attacking ways.  Just sitting up there raises a concern of you just fishing for drama and trouble. 

On a final note:  I respect your property rights, but pearling a fumbling noob is not the best way.  Pearled players can ask for help and will receive it, if they are being pearled when they have caused no harm, or not a continuous threat.   Since he is yet again thrown into random spawn hopefully  he will not accidentally come across your vast claimed land.  Was he give restitution for pushing him further back? 
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 08:27:05 am »

Yes, I feel the need to state my side of it, because at every opportunity, your witch hunt continues. Just playing the game is what I would love. I would love to not feel the need to rally a defense any time I undertake any action just so that you and Jonin's hate propaganda that I've been banned from responding to in actual chat doesn't go answered by silence that might be mistaken for agreement. The pearling was for long enough to say "This is why. Do you understand? Do you agree not to do this thing?" No one was harmed in any serious or long term way. Nothing was lost. All items were immediately restored. What it really comes down to is you, Sav, wanting to turn any possible opportunity into the chance to paint me as the mustache swirling villain who does things just to be a "douchebag" and an "asshole". That. Is why I feel the need to come explain my side every time. That does not seem like the behavior of someone interested in the facts. Whenever I act, it is a foredrawn conclusion by your language, despite and before any actual facts are gathered that I'm in the wrong, am doing it just to be a dick who has no reasons, and that everyone else should think the same. That is not a pursuit of justice. That is attempting to get others to share in your vendetta.

If you believe, foresooth, there has been some grave and grievous injustice, then make a thread for that and make your case for that. I'm just sick of being adversarially confronted by you at every turn being told I'M the one looking for further drama and trouble. Take a lesson from Elsa, and let it go. I would love peace and to get along. Instead of rehashing things that were already resolved weeks ago as reasons for continued presumptions. For how long, Sav? Another month? Six months? A year? If you think there is a real issue of justice, address the issue. But hopefully, as an adult, you can do that without the personal insults and contrived presumptions and make a case based on the facts instead of another hateful tirade that I'm sure you would agree doesn't belong in global if it was me saying it to someone else.

-x-
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 08:34:33 am »

I do love your stories.  shocked   You continue to twist fact and truth. rolleyes

FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 08:43:20 am »

If so, Sav, I have never been more glad to be wrong. I would love for it to be the case that your concern is solely justice and peace and for all parties to be able to just get on with gameplay. Please then, let's do that.

-x-
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 10:14:11 am »

pretty understandable

if some noob trespassed on my property I would just kill them instead of immediately pressing the nuclear missile button

that instantly removes them from your property and you don't have to worry about holding someone prisoner and wouldn't have to worry about other players questioning why you pearled them

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 10:17:51 am »

basically most of the drama could have been averted if you didn't pearl the guy

holding noobs captive is hardly justifiable anyway, so no real point

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 12:11:06 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pwIPU4_dg8

-x-
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 04:22:06 pm »

It wasn't my drama. I know you can't hear anything I have to say from that far up Sav's ass, Commander. You always jump in with some apologetics about why her latest outrage is someone else's fault. Instead of thinking that juuuust maybe at some point her own attitude is going to need to be addressed. Especially when it's not just an attitude but leads to direct and willful interference in other parties seeking peaceful resolution, just because she doesn't personally like those people.

I really do wonder why constantly. about everything. all the time. it has to be made into this combative
I'm-Right-You're-Wrong scenario. Why? For what? Can't you trust that the problem will be resolved in some voluntaryist manner? Because it was. No one was harmed. No one is making any claims. Everything was handled in a reasonable and minimal way. We tried other means first. Those didn't work. We pearled as a last resort for long enough to say "Hey, don't do that thing. Agree? Cool." Then the party was fully and immediately restored. And that was that. And then Sav decided to jump in in the hopes of blowing it into more to make me look villainous. It's tiring. It's unnecessary. And it's counterproductive to resolution. If you're not big enough to apologize for further needless exacerbation, fine. At least let the vendetta die already.

-x-
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 05:24:33 pm »

If you have something to say to me then say it, I find you to be a jerk, you do this online ALL THE TIME.

And you keep reinstating that feeling everytime you open your mouth.  How insulting can you be to all these players on this server???   You think all these trusted players on this server that you just joined cannot think for themselves, but they have been doing it before you came and they will be doing it long after you crawl back under whatever rock you came from.

The only vendetta I see is YOU constantly saying my name. I stated my facts which had nothing to do with you, but ACTIONS,  and whatever you think is going on in your crazy little head, so get over yourself.  You can keep talking on this on here, but this is my last post cause all you do is go on and on and on and on baluh blauh blauh.  Then if that doesn't work you cry, and then id Frozenjars will post the only posts that ever reconfirm your ideas as being everything you thought they should be.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:07:28 pm by SavanahMile » Logged
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 10:28:39 pm »

You didn't present facts, Sav. You presented your view of a situation in which, factually, no one was hurt or has any damage claims. If you have some further claim that has actually to do with justice, as I said, feel free to start a thread and make it. I have done and will continue to do everything I can to satisfy justice however I need to. I messaged you what I had to say to you personally some time ago. To try to work all this out privately and stop this. Remember? If you're not my enemy like you claim, great. That is excellent news to me. Please act like it. We don't have to be friends. But we definitely don't have to be enemies. The constant hostility and interference isn't necessary. So, please stop it. If your real concern is voluntaryism and justice and resolutions, then just tell me what's going to make you get off my back, stop the fore-drawn conclusions that every time I speak or act it's some kind of devious plan against you or the other players, and just let me play the god damn game. Because I'd love nothing more. You're free to think and feel whatever you like. But inserting yourself into issues just to exacerbate them the MOMENT they occur, exclaiming "ugh finally" that we release the player mere minutes later, all of that is unnecessary and not helpful. No one was hurt. Enough time has passed that this behavior ought to have cooled down by now.

Does resolution exist at this point? What is it? What do you want me to do, Sav? Is there any combination of words or actions or amount of time passing that's going to make you climb down off my back? Besides you succeeding in driving me away? Because that's not happening. Make peace with that. It seems like every event becomes to you an opportunity to wave your finger with fiery glee and say "See?? See how he is??" And no one wants to be drawn into another one of your needless tirades. They just want to play the game too. No, people besides my wife don't really want to jump into it just to be crapped on themselves. They just want to play the game. And me too. I just want to play. Without this. So, you tell me what to do. Here or privately. Wherever. I'm totally open to resolving these hostilities already. So I can just play without being back here again feeling like I need to defend myself over the next overblown bit of nothing in another week.

-x-
Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 07:53:34 am »

each time you handle easily avoidable problems in the most obnoxious, violent, and bullying way you possibly can, you alienate the entire server and reveal how much of a fraud, and how much of a threat you are

so here is my clearly marked sign:

if you continue unnecessarily pearling new players, continue trying to bend words to manipulate the facts of the situation, and continue to try and bully rather than play nice or fair, you will be pearled for the last and final time.

fact:
trespassing doesn't harm your property. if someone does no harm, and posses no threat of harm, then killing and pearling them IS the harm.

fact: you harmed this new player.

fact: killing and holding someone against their will isn't "voluntarily resolution"

claiming you posted signs is irrelevant. if i post a sign on my property that says "all children will be captured or killed" and a kid. who cant read.. and doesn't see the signs.. comes on my property and does absolutely zero harm, and i capture that kid and hide him in my basement dungeon..  what do you think will happen?

when the community shows up at my door demanding answers how well do you think it will go when i tell them they are 'interfering with my voluntary resolutions' and go on and on trying to misrepresent their obvious intentions?

this is your last warning, actions speak far louder than words and no amount of bullying posts and clever deceptions will fool any of us anymore when you have so clear a record of deliberate trouble making on the server
Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 08:05:26 am »

by the logic that posting a sign first makes everything legit, most of what government does is also legit because they write laws first saying they will do those things..
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 09:36:45 am »

What fraud have I committed, Simon? If there is some contention about my property claim, then make it, I guess.
I've been told KOS + pearling for trespass was allowed, or I wouldn't have done it. Guess those only apply to me? I held them for long enough to explain and get them to agree. And that was that. I even said no hard feelings and offered to help them after. There was no "bullying". I really didn't think it was going to be this kind of issue, or I would've just let them trespass...
If trespass isn't harm, does that mean I can't be banned from the towns after all?
Or is this a rule that works differently for me?
It wasn't my intention to bully or annoy. This was how I thought it worked. And even so, I tried to be as minimal as I could be about it.
The "last chance" talk basically means you've decided I'm done with my freedom. Because there are already those looking for a reason. Someone WILL find some problem with something I do, eventually. People always find problems when they're looking for them.
I'm honestly not. I just want to be in my valley and be left alone, please.
When people trespass in the future.. I won't do anything. Alright?

-x-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: