Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notice of Private Property  (Read 6343 times)
FynalSlash
Public

« on: May 15, 2015, 09:11:33 am »

The valley around 1200 2400, Fort Jelly (or whatever she's calling it now), is claimed by FynalSlash and frozenjars. Unauthorized entry will be interpreted as hostile intrusion resulting in pearling if necessary. KOS. I've seen this posted about entire cities, so I believe it to be accepted practice. Cheers.

-x-
zombienerd
Public

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 05:33:25 pm »

Fynal, what happens when a new player beams down randomly for the first time and it happens to be on your land?

I would hope more consideration would be put into it before a KOS happened.  I understand flexing rights to private property, but perhaps a list of banned people would be better than a blanket.  Just my .02
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 05:57:46 pm »

If a snitch alerts me, it's my intent to message the person and let them know. This is not an excuse to enact violence or take advantage of noobs. We just had some griefing and mine robbery and I want to avoid anymore trouble on this server. Not cause more. But if I tell them and they refuse to leave, or worse, start stealing and griefing, I'll likely try to pearl them until they agree not to do that. But it won't be my first resort. I understand latitude. I wouldn't be here if not for others being willing to work with me, to attempt and prefer reason..
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:19:34 pm by FynalSlash » Logged

-x-
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 06:01:14 pm »

Also, to my knowledge, that is not how spawns work. And even if it is, what I was told was, if it's clear they are player placed blocks or it's uninvited private property "rule of thumb is, leave it alone."

-x-
zombienerd
Public

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 07:11:02 pm »

Fair enough.  A well marked wall/fence around the perimeter couldn't hurt either, I'd imagine. Just to make sure no noobs wander through on accident.  Most folks never visit the forum anyway.

Sorry to hear about the vandalism.

As for the spawns, the beam down random can drop you anywhere on the planet as far as I know, so it's possible a few newbies could potentially beam down right on your roof. 

FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 07:56:36 pm »

We have lots of signs all the way 'round the area now. I haven't had any noobs beam in yet that I know of..
or maybe that IS what happened.. got the place snitched up so we can actually know in the future..

-x-
FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 02:35:26 pm »

Multiple trespass by mrpacman147.
Didn't respond to messages.
And of course I can't say anything in global... so maybe someone can let him know if he's on again.
In case he didn't see the signs posted every ten blocks..
Just want to avoid more griefing.

http://i.imgur.com/lpdXZr2.png

-x-
Igloosnowbal
Public

pizza

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 08:55:28 pm »

Yes, you can actually beam down anywhere. Some time ago on AF a new player beamed down and went in the middle of oc without setting off any other snitches.

SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 09:27:26 pm »

Very true igloo, random spawn.  I believe frozen was talking to this mrpacman147 when i went afk earlier.
Igloosnowbal
Public

pizza

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 10:19:34 pm »

What is also true that after that they just left and we were confused for a while.

FynalSlash
Public

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 07:20:27 am »

Yeah, there was no malice. It's not like we're seeking damages. It's resolved.
Just want them to understand and to avoid being griefed again.

-x-
frozenjars
Public

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 10:52:21 am »

I also want to make it clear that this person KNEW it was private property and did NOT spawn on the land naturally.

I asked clearly how he even got into the valley. He said he "jumped in". We have signs posted every 10 blocks to let people know about the private property surrounding the valley. It seemed he was aware of this as he asked if we were going to kill him for being there and repeatedly said he didn't want to die. (We do have a KOS notice posted for people that aren't given expressed permission to be on the property.)

Fact of the matter is, he didn't take anything or damage any property/items while being there. He, I guess, didn't know that once you jump into the valley, unless you're a vampire with a high blood pool, you can't really get out. The blocks are stacked too high otherwise. I gave him a bit of blood to help with that and he seemed to be on his way. I haven't seen him around since.

As I told Sav yesterday, the matter is closed and, since there was no malice, just ignoring clearly written signs, we're not asking for anything, with the exception he (and those that don't have expressed permissions from either me or Fynal) stay out of the valley.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: