Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Underwater Rail from OC to NC  (Read 4600 times)
SavanahMile
Public

« on: October 27, 2014, 08:16:01 am »

Nomad City (NC) is expanding and OC wants to Link to it via a cool under water rail like Lynch51 built for his place.

Lynch51 if you would like to help us that would be awesome I made a bunch of rail but I can't immolate your rail exactly.  We want it to be a little like a roller coaster too like the cool coaster on VE going to Cloud city.

If we can get some builders help it would be appreciated. NC has space for new players.
We planned on connecting the two cities a while back by bridge and land but i suck at building, so I need help.
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 01:42:42 pm »

I've taken a look at the site, and have some thoughts and suggestions.

1. The first rail should be absolutely straight--vertically and horizontally--from point A to point B. Pick two points that line up. A scenic route/roller coaster can be attached from the main line as a secondary feature. My personal opinion is to not mix the two.

2. Build a tunnel much wider than is needed at first. This will give the subway room to expand into a nicer layout with more breathing room without having to deal with flooding a second time. See the attached screenshots. It's 5 meters wide, based on the "curb, rail, median, rail, curb" design of the original highway).

3. Build a platform/stop at both ends of the rail, and then attach stairs to the platforms. Players run up and down, then board the rail. This saves some rail and powered rail.

The shots below are from my mock-up for a subway/nether rail. The colored wool tells you what line you're riding. Slab floors are used to minimize mob spawning. Feel free to take any ideas from these shots.

* 2014-10-27_14.11.31.png (207.5 KB, 854x480 - viewed 1208 times.)

* 2014-10-27_14.12.01.png (265.56 KB, 854x480 - viewed 1179 times.)

* 2014-10-27_14.13.38.png (224.65 KB, 854x480 - viewed 1205 times.)

* 2014-10-27_14.29.10.png (288.94 KB, 854x480 - viewed 1203 times.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:47:01 pm by The_Shanghai_Kid » Logged
Lynnarock
Public

Alias: Lord-Ragnarock
Alias: Lynnch51

Arhemadan The Holy Pterodactyl God

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 03:04:10 am »

Good news: I've pretty much got the skeleton of it done! Cheesy (Skeleton being a 1-meter wide floor of spruce planks going from A to B) We have a few more steps to take after that, tho. This won't be too hard if we can get some objectives, donations, and a team effort rolling. So here's my objectives so far:

1. Expanding the floor to 3 meters wide.
2. Adding glass panes as walls, 3 high each side.
3. Filling in the space with dirt, sand and gravel. Top off with the glass-block ceiling.
4. Dig out tunnel, add lights and rails, FINISH! Cheesy

Easy as pie, but this is a pretty huge tunnel, so I could really use some helpers, and especially some donations! Here's what the project could definitely use: Iron, Gold, Redstone, Spruce Wood, Glass, Torches, Dirt/Sand/Gravel, and Smooth Stone (For Fortification) If you have some you wanna donate, pop by the rail station and throw your stuff into the conveniently-placed hopper with a sign. We'll need whatever you can give! ^_^

Now what's a good incentive.... Anyone who donates at least one stack of anything (except torches Tongue) will have a sign with a name shoutout and their choice of quote on either end of the railway. (Keep it clean, and mind the character limits. If you have to use another sign, you'll have to donate 3 stacks Wink ) Just message me over the forum stating your quote and amount donated! Smiley

Thanks everyone! Smiley

BRAAAAAAK!
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 12:44:55 pm »

I am buying gold for rail if anyone is selling it,
please contact me
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 10:32:16 am »

The hopper you set up lynch51 is locked, i was going to put supplies in there but unable to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: