Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW PROJECT** Wanna Leave a WOW factor on this map? **  (Read 5223 times)
SavanahMile
Public

« on: October 10, 2014, 02:06:38 pm »

I want to build a skyscraper new city Near OC,

What if it was actually OVER the rail???
At Voluntaryist Tower??

What if it was like it's Own city?

Just some thoughts.

I'd like to have one really WOW place on this map.  Last map there was Akira, Horse Stable, and my cool skelly spawner.

Any great builders wanna help?
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 09:10:04 am »

I think a "Tower City" is an intriguing concept.

I'm not sure what the best location might be. Building close to OC might have a draining effect on one or the other. One will be the one people use, the other will be a ghost town.

I have two thoughts on location. First: Somewhere along the west side of the rail (the only place where there is NOT a pre-built starter base). Second: If it's going to be an internalized community anyway... what about in the Nether? It's one of the last places where we haven't really planted a flag (with one pseudo-exception that's not strictly IN the Nether).

If designed correctly, slab-floors could prevent mob spawns anywhere inside.

The only real challenge will be that water won't flow, but there are plenty of ways to mechanize farming without water (i.e. bone meal).

What to build:

If we want to build an impressive monument, we could shoot for an aesthetic structure with little/no practical purpose. It's tough for me to get excited about building the equivalent of a Chinese Ghost City. "What if they built a city and nobody came?" It just seems sad to me.

Some other ideas:

GIANT STATUE(S): of who knows what.

PLAYABLE "DUNGEON": A fantastical environment players can actually "play through" with traps and treasure donated weekly/monthly/whatever to promote usage (mobs will spawn naturally). Haunted castle. Minotaur labyrinth. Jungle temple. Etc. I'd still like to fill in the Sun Temple with traps, but it's still on the backburner.

EXTREME ENVIRONMENTAL MONUMENTS: Castle/Temple underwater or floating in the sky. No real purpose except to be look/be awesome from the outside (although it will have viable, habitable interior)

RAILWAY (above or under ground): Extending from the corners of the railways to the end of the map. /beamup has made this moot, but it would still be an accomplishment.

Back to the Tower City idea:

I'm not trying to derail the idea of a tower city. I really like that idea. I'd want to wrap up my prison project first before shifting gears, though. If it's meant to be a community endeavor, there should be a long, collective brainstorming process by all interested parties.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:08:39 pm »

i think we have some interest building with the playable dungeon concept, and maybe a location???

I think we should Totally mimic the Temple of the Sun but in our regions building materials.  lol
I know Vbelac could easily assist us all with the Temple part.

then below walls that close behind you deep in the earth,
maybe one way out is to actually go thru the end?
I think we would block in some mobs and put name tags on them with funny names, put players masks on some, this could be the ultimate haunted house walk thru.  hee hee Different chambers
I would love to see a water chamber like a trip switch that starts filling up water in a room until trippped again.  Lets Make Indian Jones Proud.

Smiley

QUESTION:  What kind of supplies are you going to need?
I am Happy to start gathering supplies.
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 05:26:28 pm »

Citadel items:
Stone, Iron, Diamond

Machine parts for traps and such:
Redstone, RS torches, Repeaters, Tripwire Hooks, String, Dispensers, Arrows, Buckets of Lava/Water. Slime and/or Sticky Pistons.

Beyond that, we've got a lot of brainstorming to do before worrying about materials.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 08:39:16 am »

I can donate stone easy

How many slime you need?
How much string?
Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 01:56:44 pm »

there was talk about building a huge badass airship before

im semi interested, but it will be a huge pain in the ass without removing that thing where you can't build in midair
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 03:54:20 pm »

I also wanted to build something cool but the no build in mid-air thing hinders me from doing so

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: