Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to hatch chickens in prison?  (Read 4814 times)
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« on: September 16, 2014, 01:02:55 pm »

I threw a couple stacks of eggs, but instead of breaking, they simply disappeared.
vbelac
Public

Alias: vbelac - Steam
Alias: (◕‿◕✿)

jorts are cruise control for a swanky life

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 07:45:41 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised. It's impossible on the ship.

Stay Determined.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 09:07:36 pm »

oh ya the prison world is lifeless
no monsters, no mobs
too cold, no sunlight
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 10:37:23 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Aw snap. That leaves apples and mushrooms as the only possible self-sustaining food source. Although if that's been patched out, too, a heads-up couldn't hurt. wink
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 12:47:43 am »

fishing too, and plants still grow, you have to protect them with glass though if you don't want snow to damage them

i THINK if they are in 'natural light' (even if its moonlight) and have sufficient light for growing, that they will still grow

so a torch lit field with glass ceiling should work for carrots/taters/wheat

the EHM disables underground growing, by checking that its not under non-transparent blocks, but transparent blocks are ok
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 03:23:59 am »

Ah, so THAT'S what it was. I wasn't sure how the "underground" status was determined. I had put a wooden roof over my first farm to keep the snow off, and they did not grow.

I switched to a glass, added an additional light source, and the crops will indeed grow.

Also, I grew some Oak Trees and got some apples.

The prison colony will have a fishing pond, but that relies on an item made of a material that isn't available in the prison (string), and is therefore not* strictly* 100% self-sustaining (you'd need that first rod to fish up more rods). But with a starter rods the colony will provide, its is essentially no different from other self-sustaining food sources.

The return of crops to the mix makes it more viable for sure. The clarification is much appreciated.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 01:27:31 pm »

Just and FYI make sure you know what items are needed for the quest

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 05:43:54 am »

there are also some witches in a cave in the prison that will trade you 4x wool for and apple

they will also fill bowls with stew
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: