Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Prison Colony: Fury 161  (Read 10639 times)
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« on: September 13, 2014, 02:56:10 am »

I've launched a new project in the prison world, which I'm calling Fury 161 (aka Fiorina), after the prison world featured in Alien 3. I'm building a central hub that--although I own it--will contain facilities available for all to use, with the idea that anyone can build outside the walls of the hub.

I've done this partially because I've talked with several people who are trying to find new challenges, now that most of us have become pretty wealthy, and have developed strong infrastructure. So, instead of thinking of the prison world as a prison, think of it as a world that features an additional layer of challenges (no daylight, pearling is meaningless, no gems or ore, etc.) I intend to allow prisoners to use these facilities (they can farm resources to pay off debts, for example).

Ironically, there are NO mobs in the prison world, making it a wonderful place to build non-stop without any fear of monster ambush.

Other reasons include: personal challenge, changing the dynamics in the prison world, there are already communities next to the three starter bases in the Overworld, I didn't feel like building Netherville (yet), and insanity.

The front gate is currently locked, but I will open it up in the very near future, and will add people to the Fury 161 group by request.

Planned amenities include:

- Public house w/ bed, furnace, crafting table, anvil, charity chest (EDIT: Ender Chest for members)
- Enchanting room
- Crop farm (EDIT #2: All crops will grow if covered only by transparent blocks)
- Tree farm
- Livestock farm (EDIT #2: Animals will not live in prison, per Intangir)
- Cobble, Sand (EDIT: No Obsidian)
- Fishing pond
- Shopping Mall (an extensible design that can hold up to 72 shopkeepers)
- Nether Portal (maybe; if it works in prison world EDIT: Nope; it doesn't)
- 100% Snitch/Bumper coverage
- All blocks Citadel-protected with Stone or better (critical blocks protected with iron/diamond)
- Double security wall (Cannot be dug under due to stone embedded 2-blocks deep in ground)
- All group members will have full access to almost all blocks
- Intuitive, compact (77x51), and ruthlessly efficient rectilinear layout
- EDIT: Furance room for mass cooking
- EDIT: Automatic Wood-to-Charcoal converter

EDIT: With this setup, prisoners (or anyone) can grind XP by farming Sand or Cobble, then cooking it en masse with charcoal created from the tree farm. XP Bottles could be created via Enchanting Table. This might be a good way for prisoners to repay debts.

It may take some time before the entire complex is complete. If you're ever interested in building near Fury, I have some requests:

- Please insure that all new structures are at least 4 blocks away from the walls (bumpers in place)
- Leave room for a road at least 5m wide, out from the main gate.
- Do not create steep or uneven terrain (by blasting or any other means) within 20m of the walls.

The images below show the state of F161 as of 9/12/14, and a completed mock-up in single-player. There will be some minor adaptations of the mock-up.

* 2014-09-13_03.17.23.png (375.42 KB, 854x480 - viewed 1217 times.)

* 2014-09-05_16.04.29.png (480.13 KB, 854x480 - viewed 1110 times.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:13:24 pm by The_Shanghai_Kid » Logged
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:41:14 pm »

My only comment is on the ender chest.    there is already one with the ender warden, but I have been petitioning to get it removed.  So if someone steals all your armor, diamonds tools, sword and puts it in an ender chest now they have it in prison AND can take with them on the quest breakout, or toss it.  Anything in a theft or griefer's chest should not be available to them in prison.  I believe there should not be an ender chest in prison for this reason.

also they can stash items needed for the quest in the ender chest, if they are aware of it ahead of time.
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:22:55 pm »

I agree

that infinity guy could have my helmet in his enderchest

I never found it..

but now he's gone and probably not coming back

which means my helmet is gone forever
oh well..
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:24:51 pm by Commander » Logged

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 04:59:51 pm »

If you added glass in the sky above it, it will looks like your single player model, maybe, your keeping the lava right? hahaha
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 05:29:38 pm »

Thanks for the feedback.

I could easily make the Ender Chest for members only.

The lava pit looks cool, but I will be building over it. The lava pit will be accessible through a basement, though... until it runs out. At which point I'd probably just fill it in.

I've thought about covering the whole thing, but that would definitely be a phase 2 thing. As long as I use slabs for sidewalks, snow won't stick to them, and that's good enough for now.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 05:46:39 pm »

i did not know that snow does not stick to slabs.  good to know.
Yeah the lava is cool glad you got a work around.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 05:28:33 pm »

grind xp from cooking. hmmmm people forget about that
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 08:53:03 pm »

I've run into some limitations of EHM/prison world that have caused me to change my design a bit. See the edits above for features that will not be included. This does, however, free up some space, which means I'm now entertaining some new possibilities:

- Homes within the walls for members
- Villager farm
- Altar of Light (and Darkness for members only)
- Mushroom farm

I can't think of anything else that's possible to do in prison. If anyone thinks of anything, feel free to suggest it.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 02:44:01 pm »

alter of darkness and mushroom farm would and could be used for the quest to escape, fyi,
so I personally would not want to give a prisoner any advantage.

Even if alter of darkness is for members if they have enough time they can break into it.

Villager farm sounds super cool, but I would expect if we had a really bad griefer in there they would kill all the villagers just to be a jerk, so I like the idea I would just keep some back to repopulate it if something goes south, but I sure like the villager farm idea.

biggest thing they complain about is food when they first go in and stone to make tools
Ryker was going to make a rehab center but never did, but instead of a joke one , maybe a real one that
spells out what they need to do to make amens to maybe get out or something cool I guess just a thought?
as usual all your ideas are wonderful
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 06:31:29 am »

Any new pictures?
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 05:15:42 pm »

Ask and ye shall receive.

Up-and-running:

Public house
Crop Farm
Tree Farm
Charcoal Machine
Enchanting Room
Furnace Room

Pending:
Cob/Sand Machine
Mall
Pond
Altar of Light

I've been snitching and bumping as I go, so all structures are protected.

* 2014-09-21_23.32.13.png (373.67 KB, 854x480 - viewed 1192 times.)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 10:10:47 pm »

cool
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 02:49:58 pm »

It took me a while to figure out how to streamline the sand/cob machine to fit how I wanted it, but I finally figured it out. I've added the new building to the rear right corner of the colony. It works just like the one in GMB and OC, only this one looks a whole lot nicer and fits in a slightly shorter space.

This means we now have a self-sustaining facility where people can mass produce: Cobble, Stone, Sand, Glass, Wood, Charcoal, all crops except pumpkin and melon, and perhaps most importantly, XP Bottles.

The "mall" I've planned could be used for retail, but I also envision it being a place where players can sell worthless items like zombie flesh in exchange for XP Bottles (or whatever they want), and this could become the currency for rehab/parole/restitution, etc. Prisoners could grind XP by cooking sand, cob, wood, or potatoes in the furnace room, bottle their XP, then deliver it to the appropriate shopkeeper. The jailor can then pop on and check their shop at their convenience.

Admittedly, that's looking quite far ahead, and the community may never require such a service, and prisoners may grief it, but all that's okay. I'm having fun building it.

Still to come (but probably not any time soon):

Altar of Light
Fishing area (may be automated; we'll see)
Mall

* 2014-10-22_14.47.13.png (244.08 KB, 854x480 - viewed 1112 times.)

* 2014-10-22_14.47.36.png (345.8 KB, 854x480 - viewed 1189 times.)

* 2014-10-22_15.28.44.png (320.05 KB, 854x480 - viewed 1169 times.)

* 2014-10-22_15.23.04.png (431.18 KB, 854x480 - viewed 1136 times.)
Crimson_Luna
Public

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 03:50:22 am »

is it open to public?
id like to use the generators
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 07:54:26 am »

Shanghai...Wow pretty cool!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: