Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heads are broken  (Read 3005 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: August 24, 2014, 03:50:26 am »

Be warned: Heads are messed up

voting reward masks are messed up but they are NOT FIXED but placing them on the ground. it will only remove their special tags and make them totally useless Sad theres no good way to fix this and still have fun masks, for now, just don't place them down, hopefully in a future bukkit release they will be able to fix mojangs miserable failures. I will probably remove them from the rewards or replace them with leather or something..

old player heads don't always show their skins, sometimes it seems to fix it if you place them like a block, and then break them free and pick them back up, sometimes it doesn't..

The problem was caused by mojangs idiotic UUID changes which are utterly worthless, have probably cost hundreds if not thousands of man hours for mod authors and server owners, and serve zero practical purpose.. the excuse they used doesn't even make sense because a far simpler far easier far quicker fix wouldve been for them to just optionally have you check where to find the skin from the server and had the servers keep track of original name plus a displayed name (which is already mostly supported), this also wouldve opened up dozens of fantastic features like temporary skins based on status changes, super powers, illness, vampires, werewolves, etc.. whatever but instead mojang pulls this crap, makes hundreds of mod authors spend hours trying to figure out how to make there perfectly nice mods work with mojangs perfectly miserable piece of crap game... again

the real reason is they want to sell you a name change... why would you want to pay to change your name if you can just buy a 2nd fully working new name.. and have 2.. and if it wasn't for their bad programming you wouldn't NEED to buy a name change...

if mojang spent half as much time making nice new features, as they do breaking tons of previously working things.. this would be a great game
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:43:56 am by Intangir » Logged
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 04:36:50 am »

they are just so inconsiderate and idiotic..

they are the worst game company i have ever moded games for,, and i have moded dozens of games, some of them even went out of their way to stop hackers from moding their games. and even they seemed more considerate to hackers that they wanted to stop, than mojang is to modders who they supposedly support... i HATE mojang.. so much... they are inconsiderate, lucky, idiotic, short sited, zero business sense, jackasses..

the other thing that annoys me is the fanatical following they have. if you say anything remotely critical about mojang on /r/minecraft you are buried, if you don't follow their EULA swarms of ravenous fanatical zealots will TATTLE on you.. lol omg.. very very lame..

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:45:11 am by Intangir » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: