Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TIPS for SAFE Mining  (Read 4556 times)
SavanahMile
Public

« on: August 17, 2014, 11:28:26 am »

I learned these methods from Shanghai and it has kept me safe in mines.

1. Build a safe and secure room every so often as you progress in the mine.  This room should be Well lite have chests, a bed, crafting table, furnace and enderchest every so often so you can safely transport loot out.  you want to have arrow holes on sides of doors to shoot mobs from inside safe room. 

2. Before you start mining SLEEP in a lower area SAFE ROOM near where you are mining.  This allows you the ability to get back to your stuff quicker. 
** Don't forget to sleep back in normal home when done**

3. mine in a group of at least 2, one person is mob look out the other does tnt, looks for ores, and fills in floor with 1/2 slabs.

4. LITE UP MINE as you go thru it, not just to see, but to have less places for mobs to spawn.  More light means less mobs.

Following these simple steps can insure your safety when mining and lower your chances of losing your items.

Shanghai if you have any new tricks to add please reply and add on, and Thank you for the original above information, it has saved me a lot on here.

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:47:09 am »

ALSO remember there is a new temporary immunity timer on respawns

you have 1 minute of protection from monsters

if your quick you can grab your stuff and put it on before it expires

if you hit any monsters or players though it instantly removes the protection
you can see the time left because you will have the potion effects in your inventory/character screen
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 11:53:56 am »

Also I think any miner should carry 1 reg potion and fire resistance potion,
if you fall in lava, you have seconds to react depending on your armor.
With the mobs being cranked up most people are mining in their diamond armor so a creeper doesn't get them.

QUESTION:  Which order would you drink them in?
regenerating potion first then fire resistance?

Shanghai is selling Regenerating potion 2min at his VIP shop NOW for 2 block iron each.
I think it is worth it to carry these two potions, they could save your diamond armor,  tools,
it only takes one accident to lose everything on you.
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 02:17:11 pm »

I wrote an extensive beginner's guide to mining several months ago, but never posted it. I'll put it in a new thread.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 02:54:19 pm »

if your going to try and carry potion for lava

use SPLASH fire resist

and use it first before anything else, you don't have much time

id sooner recommend quickly LOGGING OUT and asking someone on forum or skype to help you by removing the lava Wink if possible

but if your quick and you have it on your hotkey bar, then splash fire resistance can save the day

brainlesszombie5
Public

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 03:55:46 am »

Wish i had some fire resistance before mining...

A man like me just needs infinity
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: