Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Justice Council!  (Read 13782 times)
Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« on: August 02, 2014, 03:32:44 am »

The Justice Council is hereby created!

The purpose of the Justice council is to secure justice throughout the land. Pursuits include capturing and holding griefers, mediating disputes, overseeing restitution, and determining the threat level of past griefers.

With the help of intangir, savanah and bengtl we have created a pearl vault which should be practically impenetrable to any who would grief these beautiful lands. Let it be known to any who would challenge the justice council by griefing the fair inhabitants of these lands:

Justice will be swift, and unavoidable.

The only way to regain your liberty if you are caught griefing is to attempt to restore whatever damages you have caused to the satisfaction of all those you have wronged AND to renounce your griefing ways and hope that we believe you are sincere.

Those chosen to be members of the council are those found to be highly trustworthy, highly capable,  to have a strong sense of justice, and found to have a strong interest in the cause of justice.

<edit 5/5/15>
The current membership changes over time so follow the thread for those details:
</edit 5/5/15>

If you are interested in joining feel free to reply on this thread. To join you should be well geared (in diamond at least), should have your own pearls, should be capable of apprehending griefers, and should understand the philosophy behind restorative justice.

All pearls in the custody of the Justice Council vaults are held and/or released according to the principles of restorative justice, not held arbitrarily or out of spite or vengeance.

<edit 5/5/15>
Anyone who joins must allow any prisoners they currently hold to pursue their release by these same terms (change of ways, restitution) and should also move their pearls into the shared vault.

The reason for the shared vault is so even if you are not active anyone you have pearled may still have a chance at release according to these terms and so other members can oversea reparation in the event they must be summoned somewhere to fix something while you are not online.

Again, as an active member you are expected to store pearls of those you capture in the vault and to only remove them to either help facilitate reparation by summoning them where they need to go to fix or repay something, or to release them when they are cleared. Any other removal of pearls from the vault, to hide them, to evade justice, or to renege on the terms you agreed to will be seen as theft and fraud and you will be kicked out of the council.
</edit 5/5/15>

If you are imprisoned by the justice council and wish to pursue your release simply post a thread on these forums asking all those who you have wronged to claim damages and to list their terms for your release. Publicly declare that you will no longer behave in such a way and that you will only interact with others and their property in a mutually voluntary manner.

If their terms are reasonable and you are able to comply with them. Then upon a determination that you are no longer a reasonable threat you will be released. Any further transgressions will be met with swift recapture. Repeated abuses will result in it being very unlikely that you will be given more chances.

Let Justice Be Done!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:30:41 pm by Simon_Jeeha » Logged
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 07:54:14 am »

My thoughts are people will say anything to be free.  If we have other information that would show their lack of insincerity how do we handle that?  
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:29:25 pm by SavanahMile » Logged
rykalicious
Public

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:48:03 am »

First of all I would like to extend my request to join the Justice Council. I'm fully geared, have been playing on this server since v1, and would like to think as myself as a trusted player. Now my thoughts on these griefers. As Savanah said, people will say whatever they need to in order to be released. They will act like they are sorry and and that they feel remorse for what they did, but it is all a mask. We trusted these people with the location of our homes and helped them survive in what can be a harsher minecraft environment than most servers, and they repaid our trust with theft and destruction. Once there is a dent in someones honesty, I will have trouble trusting them ever again. Those are just my thoughts and I will obviously yield to the collective opinion, but just know that if these people are released, than they WILL continue stealing and griefing until we repearl them.
     On a lighter note, I would like to say that that pearl vault is stellar haha. Good job simon.
-Ryker
The_Shanghai_Kid
Public

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 01:20:56 pm »

I think the best way I can contribute to a healthy community is to remain an independent mediator. One of my main skills is getting people who disagree to communicate with each other, stick to the facts, and focus on solutions. If people disagree with something this group does, there needs to be at least one person everyone trusts to act as an impartial third party. This also applies to internal disagreements. Also, there's the more practical fact that I don't know how much time I commit.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 01:33:27 pm »

Think of it more as other people who share your interests and share some facilities to achive those interests, not a collective, no individuals should be held accountable for the actions of other individuals anyway

the council won't give orders, it just has a common goal, so no one should be blamed for orders, nor should they abdicate their personal responsibility
TestificateTom
Public

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:27:14 pm »

i would like to join once i get geared up
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 09:39:29 pm »

im cool with ryker joining
Simon_Jeeha
Public

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 12:19:48 am »

rykalicious has joined us

he has taken the solemn oath and is steadfast TO JUSTICE!
vbelac
Public

Alias: vbelac - Steam
Alias: (◕‿◕✿)

jorts are cruise control for a swanky life

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 02:27:46 am »

Wait, there was an oath?

Stay Determined.
Crimson_Luna
Public

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 07:49:17 pm »

i need help, i am being hunted by savanah and jonin for no apparant reason

they call me a liar when they are liars and they are threatening me when they don't even have anything to gain by it

i tried to settle with the guy who i supposedly wronged, but he doesn't even care, he just wants me to suffer

the details are here:
http://mc.intangir.org/index.php?topic=2840.msg19079#msg19079

please help me, i just want to enjoy some gaming but if people want to start wars, ill war back

Crimson_Luna
Public

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »

i also have logs of savanah and jonin flat out lying

wolve flat out saying he doesn't care about the item

logs of them rejecting repayment

and TONS of logs of them insulting , talking down to me, cussing at me, using condescending terms, telling me to shut up, and more

ryka trying to trick me

and im not even sure that this wolve15 is the same as from last night, is his normal name wolve 15 or is it something else?
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 08:40:08 pm »

Again this is not accurate. Interesting you found this post.

Your a tricky one.  O.O
Igloosnowbal
Public

pizza

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 11:36:06 pm »

Hello, I am Igloosnowbal. I would like to join the Justice Council, it sounds like it would be fun to be in. I am in full diamond armor I have been playing for a while now (No I did not just join this month) Savanah I   
think told me about it it sounds good for if I ever catch someone to store it in the vault.

Jonin420
Public

Question, Why Am I So Good?

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 09:52:16 pm »

i wanna join ihave badass equipment and im gonna hunt griefers down either way Tongue
and I like to think I play fair
Simon_Jeeha
Public

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 10:32:39 pm »

Welcome jonin and igloo to the justice council

may reason prevail!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: