Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Miracle!  (Read 4919 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: July 26, 2014, 03:01:42 am »

lol i've been making free software and offering free services for almost 20 years on the internet

like 18 or 19

most of that time i even had obvious methods available for people to donate if they wanted to Wink

several times my diablo trainer was getting 10,000 downloads PER DAY, this is when that was pretty incredible traffic for a hobby project

my starcraft hacks also got upwards of 5000 downloads a day for months

my WoW addons were downloaded hundreds of thousands of times also

and yet. in all those years, in all those MILLIONS of downloads, and people enjoying my freely donated services and software not one person ever donated a single dollar as far as i can remember.. granted my memory IS very bad. but i honestly can't recall any donations.. i remember several times back in the diablo days tons of people claimed they donated on my forums and demanded i add features for them.. but it was easy to tell that they were lying since i hadn't gotten a single donation Wink

two days ago a miracle has occured! atypicalmale donated via paypal completely without any suggestion from me Wink

thanks man! its nice to know someone appreciates what i'm offering enough to take the time to send their hard earned bills my way!

if anyone else is feeling generous (no pressure, no special ranks/privileges for it either btw) i will let you know my paypal email by request (don't want to post it for the spambots to pick up)

and my bitcoin address is 1Cq98HMWAQa2Gppd2getfYPCCe7gk3Asmw

Thanks again atypical
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 03:04:43 am by Intangir » Logged
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 01:01:34 pm »

Atypicalmale, you are anything but a typical male.  Not only are you always donating stuff and helping players, your helping the server too  That's pretty cool!  and Extremely nice and generous.  Does that mean you will play and vote more.   lol

I think I have everything you were looking for to trade for the rails, but you tell me.   grin
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:01:40 pm by SavanahMile » Logged
atypicalmale
Public

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 01:57:20 am »

shocked
Awesome shout-out, friend.

This server is a real place where real connections are made and fun is had.  I support that and I support you for keeping it happening.  I really think voluntary (dat word usage =p) payment for services is the way of the future.  Not to go on a rant but I see music and things moving that way. In information or data industries where one of the main costs to the "producer" is time invested rather than raw materials like non-tech industries, I see a donation as a sort of payment/token of appreciation, as well as an investment in that "producer" and what he or she does. I think it naturally needs to happen because data/programs approach being free to copy and distribute if you don't artificially restrict it.  I want more people to be able to LIVE off of doing what they love.

and Sav =] I knew you were ready to trade the night we all visited the new space station, I just got sorta stuck at rykers house with a horse. lol.  I'll be ready next time we're both on!
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 03:49:03 am »

ya unfortunately with the tax rates that are designed specifically to prevent people getting very far ahead (literally the tax code tries to account for every way you could get ahead, and penalizes you for it) and with inflation devaluing what little people do manage to save there is no way we are going to get to that sort of economy any time soon

but i think it would be fully possible and even very likely without government

the rat race mentality would go away, the desperation, the poverty, the cruelty.. all of those would practically vanish..

the only reason they exist now is because we all have to work so hard to support mass destruction, even our own, through war, and government (but i repeat myself)
Triplet
Druid
Public

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 08:12:31 am »

I donated via paypal for the guild server once upon a time, lol
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 03:40:39 am »

hey triplet
long time no see

did you really? like i said i may have forgotten oh wait did you donate directly to the voice host? i think for a while i had a link so people could prepay for the account

so i wouldn't have shown up on my paypal

triplet are you going to play minecraft with us?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: