Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming changes  (Read 25670 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: April 05, 2014, 04:49:39 pm »

I am testing new (old) server software and new mods

the current version of spigot seems very laggy.. i have noticed it as im sure others have

it just sometimes hangs for a couple seconds, far more often than the old version did, unfortunately the old version has a problem where it crashes when mojang's servers communicate with it apparently.. so we can't go back because mojang has been pinging servers now? i don't really know why the change..

anyway i am testing the regular unoptimized bukkit server again, but to go back to it i have to come up with other solutions for some of the things spigot does, like orebfuscation, and some optimizations and spawn limits

so i am tested out a set of mods to handle these things. the monster spawning may even be better this way, one of the mods i am testing attempts to spawn monsters in areas where your more likely to actually interact with them, or otherwise leave them out, so you shouldn't notice a huge difference but there will be fewer monsters to handle for the server so it should allow us higher limits for things like animals, villagers, and spawner mobs

the no ai on spawner mobs will also be changed back to normal so the grinders which use water elevators will work again

i am still testing and configuring but if it works out i will probably be switching

other quirky behavior like dismounting off the side of the bridge, items getting warped through walls, MAY also be fixed with any luck

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:21:52 am »

an update on upcoming changes:

the optimization mods seem to work fine well in place of spigot

i have a few fun improvements coming out, i will leave most of them a surpirse

i am making alot of changes to mob spawns and will probably remove 1/5th xp rate

spawners will be capped to a limit (all mobs will)

but the spawner should also spawn mobs in areas your more likely to interact with them (instead of deep underground or on heights were no one is nearby or out of range)

so im hoping i can have the server track fewer mobs but have it seem more active and consistently populated for players

the mod i was going to use to optimize spawning didn't work, it just plain doesn't work.. tons of things never even spawn, its insanely overcomplex and doesn't work..

so i am writing my own, i made a quick tweak version which works pretty decently, but i am going to write a bit more robust of a version with selective despawning of worthless mobs. i should be done soon

there is still other testing of some features/improvements to do

including more security for horses and horse ownership transfer like i have with wolves/cats

as well as a couple of surprise mods i want to polish up a bit

im working on it pretty heavily lately though so im hoping to be done in a few days or so

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:23:42 am by Intangir » Logged
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:49:06 am »

What i would like is to actually SEE animal spawns we care about like Ocelots (for different colored cats) and wolves int he wild still have never seen these.  MOre horses, still never seen an all black horse,
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 02:32:30 am »

This actually should be drastically improved by the changes i just made

people running spawners, and tons of monsters in stupid places will eventually be less likely and less common freeing up the mob counts and making it more likely for wolves, ocelots, and maybe even wither skeletons to spawn (i haven't seen any yet but there is no reason i know of why they shouldn't be able to spawn, just rare)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 02:36:36 am »

many of the changes i was testing didn't work out

the original spawn limiter/despawner mod i was testing didn't work out, it just sucks..

so i drastically altered another more simplified spawn limiter to do all of the additional things i wanted it to do, it seems to be working great

the positioning bug fixes i tested didn't work. the optimization changes i was going to use on vanilla bukkit also didn't work correctly.. they were not very beneficial and they broke orebfuscation

the orefuscation at the mod level also doesn't work right with extra hard mode explosions and physics... so it just is a no go..

so i am sticking with spigot, it really does have alot of great features i am just annoyed by the occasional lag spike.. i am hoping that the mob changes fixes it, or they fix it in a newer version

I still have some surprise changes and other improvements coming out, including the horse changes, and the minecart dismount change which i am apparently going to have to code myself

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 10:18:51 am »

my surprise changes are pretty close to being ready but this whole connection issue im having is making it difficult to finish and test it

also im not sure i want to release a new feature in the middle of connection problems..
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 08:02:21 pm »

Still working on my multiserver setup and upgrade

a couple of the main plugins i relied on never updated, including the python scripting library ive been using

so i have had to rewrite all smaller custom tweaks (and couple major ones) in java instead

this is taking more time than i thought, but they are vital for the new setup, including a new /beamup command i am setting up

it will let you beam back up to the ship (and then back to the space station), which is especially important on voluntaryist expeditions which doesn't even have return portals
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 03:20:20 am »

Made massive progress this weekend

Voluntaryist Expedition server is current updated to the new setup

but the new lobby still needs some tweaks and quests added to be able to reach it

so its currently unavailable.. but all of my mods were converted into the new setup for the new versions now

MAJOR progress, very few tweaks and additions to make beforei ts all ready

basically the remaining changes are:
add quests to be able to reach each of the different servers
add quests to return to the spaceport
add protection to lobby so newbs can't easily grief it (doing my own super lightweight mod for this instead of a bigger bloatier mod, won't take long)
fix a bug with galactic chat
possibly port the vampire configs into a shared database so they work on all survival servers

last but not least, update AF to 1.7.x (1.7.2 - 1.7.10)
all of the mods for this have been tested and seem to be working fine
all of the configs are ready too

just need the lobby setup and global chat to be ready
so close..

there will probably be a handful of quirks and tweaks i will need to continue making after it all goes live, but its almost ready to at least be up and online with the new version and the whole new setup and all of the new mods!

will probably finish it over the next couple nights

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 12:10:18 pm »

I am starting the survey mission worlds after next weekend

won't be able to put much time into it this week because of work, but after that i should have time to finish setting it all up, its server is mostly setup and configured but i don't want to launch it before i get bogged down with work so it will have to wait till next week
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 09:50:24 am »

my 1.8 setup is pretty much ready

it will include a vanilla 1.8 survey world with ZERO MODS, but /beamup and global chat will still work through the proxy, and 1.8 client support for all of the 1.7.10 worlds, it won't support all of the 1.8 features, but youll be able to play on it with 1.8 client. some of the 1.8 blocks will probably be added although i haven't tested that yet

but i don't want to put it all online yet because 1.8 doesn't have optifine support yet

i need optifine apparently, 1.8 client has worse framerates than ever for me, I'm probably not in the same boat either, so I am just not wanting to upgrade to 1.8 support until it is available.

Also upcoming, vampire wood damage will be a multiplier (probably 3x, going to play with it a bit later), it won't be instant 1 shot kill anymore, that wasn't intended, im not sure when it started doing that but it didn't originally. i may also add some monster truces with undead monsters, zombies and skeletons at the most, maybe just zombies
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 04:00:36 am »

heads seem to work pretty much right in 1.8 again

the first time i loaded them again they were still weird but over the session they all ended up looking right again, im not sure if its the server updating/caching the graphics, or the client, but regardless it seems 1.8 sorts out most of the head issues

in 1.8 the vampire mod will do 3x more damage from wooden items than normal to vampires, all wooden items will work, but wooden swords are better, and enchanted wooden swords are best. currently (on live server) they do a hardcoded damage value regardless, which is kind of lame, and op, so i disabled alot of the wooden items for now on the live server, once we goto 1.8 though it will be this 3x change

monster xp nerf is being reduced because 1.8 has slower leveling again anyway, now the rate nerf on anarchic frontiers will be 80% of normal (currently it is 60%, some time back it was 20%)

xp rate is different on 1.8 vanilla, so it will end up taking 16 xp pots instead of 9 to reach level 30

1.8 repairing is drastically changed i have a tweak which lets you repair even old items that are repaired multiple times, and now it works on pretty much every item in 1.8 instead of in 1.7 where the default rates were so insanely expensive on some items it was impossible to make them cheap enough to repair

mods are coming along, several are already updated (including vampires) a handful still to go (like shopkeepers)
and still need to do alot of testing, several are totally new versions from new authors because the old ones disappeared its been so long since they had to update
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:09:55 am by Intangir » Logged
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 03:59:14 am »

All of the most important 1.8 mods seem to be working at first glance

I am also adding a few new recipes to access some of the new blocks on our old maps
might also make use of some of the new vars and commands available

i am going to do a bit more testing, but i will very likely update to 1.8 in the next couple days
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 02:23:27 am »

1.8 blockers:
Combat Tag doesn't work at all, need to either manually patch it, or wait for someone else to..
Teleporting via plugins is bugged, it effects chairs/portaling/beamup/vehicle dismounting.. i put in a bug report to spigot hopefully they can fix it quickly

1.8 nice to haves:
Healthbars no longer works on players, mostly a convenience though
Two of my most useful admin plugins don't work and are unlikely to be updated Sad
Prison Pearls look like a big checkered glowing box, but they actually still work, its a graphical issue only

everything else seems ready to go, don't see any other major blockers
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 05:11:34 pm »

planning to make some adjustments soon

* Removing the can't build in midair extra hard mode feature.. just gets in the way and doesn't really add much
* trying to make a way for naturally spawned iron golems to drop iron. might enable it on all golems
* trying to make it so normal villagers offer trades, while 'hired ones' instead keep shop for you
* adding vote perks to other worlds
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 10:13:01 pm »

If golems drop iron then noobs might try to kill our golems in nether
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: