Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stargates worse than i thought  (Read 3168 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: August 12, 2013, 01:53:16 pm »

the code for stargates (wormhole extreme) is even more buggy than i feared..
it is so unstable i have to reset its database frequently

The more i look into fixing the existing code the more frustrating it is... its garbage
im honestly surprised it ever worked as well as it did

i am leaning towards ditching stargates and instead allowing some sort of nether roads solution and change all of the references to stargate to .. dimensional gate i guess

this solution is way easier, way more stable Wink and also sort of maintains a larger cost factor for longer travel paths

i haven't decided on a good way of making it link the other worlds though.. and i can't think of any way where the inconsistency of nether gates in the main world going to a seperate nether road dimension from the 'wilderlands' world makes any sense Wink

REALLY wanted to use those stargates, i wrapped the new RP theme around it a little bit, and planned the multiworld transportation around it.. but they are just too damn unreliable ;(
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 06:32:52 pm »

Really sucks to hear that... But if it means having a nether again, I'm all for it.

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: