Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from ampant (Lupecakee) and New Haven Question  (Read 5491 times)
ampant
Public

(Lupecakee)

« on: March 11, 2013, 01:14:52 pm »

I've known Lupecake for many years, and he pulled me in to Minecraft and got me started playing on his unused second account (lupecakee), and now that I have a bunch of stuff built, It would be a pain to change accounts, so I am sticking with it. But wanted to introduce myself and ask a question about plots in New Haven and property lines.

We aren't supposed to build over the road/other people's plots, and there is a presumed implication that we shouldn't dig UNDER other people's plots as well. Nobody want s other people digging around under their house.

I am wondering how far downward the implied "property line" extends. I have no idea if anybody is currently underneath me, but I am working on excavating downwards under my base, to the borders of the property line (curb) . . . . all the way to bedrock, and realized there may be mineshafts or other people's chambers in the way. If there are, it's not as if they would have been built there intentionally, but do we "own" the land directly underneath our base?

Thanks.

Lupecakee (ampant)
Shaman
Public

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:54:51 pm »

You might also run into caves full of MOBs and ores...

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
ampant
Public

(Lupecakee)

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 04:20:17 pm »

[ author=Shaman link=topic=2457.msg17061#msg17061 date=1363035291]
You might also run into caves full of MOBs and ores...
[/]

Yeah  . . . . but I don't have to ask permission from mobs. . . . they aren't NH residents Smiley

Just trying to figure out what the deal is before I run into an issue.

Lupecakee (ampant)
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 09:38:33 pm »

Welcome on both accounts.  Smiley  You know where I am neighbor.
you should be able to go to bedrock, but they may be a mob spawner, if it is not claimed I cant imagine an issue.    Thanks for playing on the server
ampant
Public

(Lupecakee)

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 03:08:38 am »

Thanks Savanah.  grin

Lupecakee (ampant)
anoddhue
Public

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 10:23:31 pm »

Welcome once again. I assume that the properties extend down to bedrock, with the exception of running into caverns or already dug mines unless you wall them off. If someone else has already dug under your property, simply wall it off and add signs if necessary.  afro

Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 09:14:27 pm »

welcome

technically homesteading only gives you ownership of things you've altered from an unclaimed state to suit a purpose

i homesteaded alot of the surface by leveling, lighting, enclosing, and building roads and as a condition for taking the pre-cleared plot i ask that you don't build across the roads, but i didnt really mention anything about underground

if someone else has beaten you to something under your plot and homesteaded it, it is theirs, none of my terms were related to underground so i have no right to dictate any terms at this point

feel free to dig up and make use of anything that no one else has claimed as usual, but if someone else sectioned off a protected area or built around a spawner or made a vault or something please respect their property even though it is under yours
Shaman
Public

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 09:50:53 pm »

Well, I guess that's making more sense, there's some wicked huge caves under the town hat I explored along with the owner of the giant tree. I've got an Iron golem penned up directly below my house, but I plan to let him out into a wider area after I'm done walling off my claim...

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: