Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Contest  (Read 8147 times)
vbelac
Public

Alias: vbelac - Steam
Alias: (◕‿◕✿)

jorts are cruise control for a swanky life

« on: February 11, 2013, 09:56:02 pm »

Hey everybody, I've been thinking about hosting a skyscraper building contest in New Haven. I'd like to know if anyone would actually be interested in competing before I try to organize one.

Here are some details:
The time limit will be about one week.
There will be a required wager to pay to compete, probably around 10 iron blocks and 1 diamond per person. All of which will go to the prize(s) for the winner(s).
The skyscrapers must be INSIDE New Haven, and must follow all the rules of the city.
No pre-existing structure is eligible to compete. (Sorry Gareth)
All structures must be at least 50 blocks tall.

Let me know if you would be interested in competing or if you think any of the rules should change. If I get a few people I will try to set up a week to do it.

Stay Determined.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:58:14 pm »

How could we do that only one lot per person?
 Maybe below dragons perch outside of the city
Spanone
Public

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:00:44 pm »

I am interested.
vbelac
Public

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 10:02:44 pm »

There are at least 7 current plots open and flat in NH right now, which will probably be plenty and with permission I wouldn't mind stretching back the south wall to make room for more. I'd like to have it inside the city walls to sort of modernize it and expand it. It would look pretty weird in my opinion if you had a bunch of giant towers in the middle of a field.

Stay Determined.
Hterag
Public

Alias: Hteragareth

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 06:59:01 am »

I'm interested but I likely won't be able to take part given the budget deficit I'm currently running to get my current building filled. You'll have my encouragement, if nothing else!
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 04:40:53 pm »

Those 7 plots are for people who do not have plots all of you already have plots, so this is NOT doable in New Haven.
vbelac
Public

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:13:22 pm »

I believe the rules say you can get a new plot if whatever structure on your other plot is complete. Anyone with a complete structure on their current plot could participate in accordance to your rules.

Stay Determined.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 06:07:26 pm »

Why are you trying to do this in new haven?  YOu have your own place dragons Perch do it there
You'll use up all the lots and there will be nothing for other people to build HOMES
Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 07:25:59 pm »

well i am not a skyscrapper builder, i am a digger

it doesnt directly break the rules but id rather you left room for more players

also gareth's sky scrapper is the most epic sky scrapper every made in minecraft, i am pretty sure none of you can do better, especially not in a week Wink
Hterag
Public

Alias: Hteragareth

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 08:39:03 pm »

I think the city can be extended if needed (and perhaps we should do it before the main wall is finished) but with limited land comes higher buildings filled with flats/apartments. That's the main reason I built a tall building in the first place, you might notice it takes up almost the entire plot (minus one block on all sides for possible balconies but I doubt it'll have those now) - I was thinking ahead!

I wanted to build many different things and I worried there wouldn't be space in the future so I decided to build up to give myself room to build more or less whatever I wanted on different floors. Since it is so big compared to anything else for now I feel kind of obliged to give is some utility to others so I added the vault level and I'll be adding more things that others can use in the future (watch out for the upcoming swimming pool!)

I also don't see why some people can't use their existing plots to build skyscrapers, why not upgrade that house of yours with 50 more bedrooms? I know some people have some very nice houses and it'd totally change the design (maybe for the worse) but others with simpler houses could do it.

Just some thoughts...
vbelac
Public

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 08:48:51 pm »

The whole purpose was to expand the city and make it bigger and cooler, sorry for trying to improve your city for you.

Stay Determined.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 09:37:28 pm »

I didn't get the expansion idea when you were talking about using up the last 7 lots available?
vbelac
Public

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 09:41:31 pm »

We could remove the southern wall and move it farther back to make room for more plots, or maybe make an area specifically for building contests.

Stay Determined.
brainlesszombie5
Public

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 12:30:08 am »

If we do expand plz tell so i dont have to demolish an entire section

A man like me just needs infinity
anoddhue
Public

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 01:00:11 pm »

I don't have enough funds to enter the contest, but I am open to ideas for building a tower of some sort on my lot, I'm attempting it right now but it looks like crap and I want to just tear it down and start over again, going off of a reference photo of some cool structure this time.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: