Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auggy's "dead wood" restoration  (Read 3830 times)
augrox
Public

« on: January 23, 2013, 03:10:50 pm »

I'm starting to restore the area know as Dead Wood.  From the start of this new map, it was a beautiful piece of land with lots of trees.  No one lived there except Camron , he had a house build into a tree and a humble farm. For the record Dead Wood was basically built on his land without asking him. This is why he moved...  I never lived there, but it's between two of my homes and I took care of it.  I did everything from constantly growing trees, putting out fires and scrapping the cobble and dirt off the mountain from the many failed attempts to climb it.  Then one day a wall was put up, Since then, it has done nothing but attract griefers and the wall doesn't keep mobs out. With all sorts of stairs leading up the mountain this isn't safe of griefers either.  There are only like 3 legit undamaged structures remaining. I started removing the damage and part of the wall.  All building materials salvaged are being kept in a chest for people that worked on it to claim. I'm not touching buildings.  If people are against it, I'll gladly replace the parts of the wall it took down with smooth stone
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:19:45 pm »

What a gallant deed.  Yes the stairs were the biggest downfall i think as well, HIDDEN is best all these stairs lead people right to us.  I would love to see the trees restored unfortunately we can not grow the original trees, but oaks, birch and spruce will have to do.  The walls cut off my original path to my farm house on the beach, I liked the concept  but was unaware someone else had claim on land, don't know if Brainless knew that either?  Thank you for cleaning up that area.  Total shame PEOPLE when you build your homes Protect them and they will not, can not burn, there is code written to keep it from burning, even from lava.  BUT you have to protect it.  Thank you again from cleaning it up.

May I suggest removing stairs from beach as well.  Personally I built an underground tunnel that pops out at current day deadwood, very secret and hard to spot I had two big trees together, of course one of them was cut down. Shame  Good Luck!!!!  I take some cobble next time im in town.  I donated smooth stone and cobble.
anoddhue
Public

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:41:46 pm »

Good idea, I planted some trees today and will take down the parts of the wall that I added to it. I'll probably leave the tower which was only stone-protected and is completely untouched.

For future reference, people, it's a bad idea to build in a forest without protecting your stuff.

I'll also remove the stairs near the beach, but I'm leaving the ziggurat.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: