Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prison Pearling common conventions proposal  (Read 5624 times)
Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« on: January 14, 2013, 06:38:59 pm »

I think we should brain storm on what elements we should have in a prison pearling conventional terms outline (yes this is getting wordy)

I am going to list some considerations we should probably have, and others can add onto it
after we think we have all of the important peices, we can fit them together into a complete convention?

The main goals i think are
1. repeated griefer threats are effectively isolated
2. non serious infractions are dealt with without perminent pearling, reparations are allowed and accepted
3. innocent victims are released asap

so we need to make sure there is a method to prevent innocent or reformable violators from being perminently pearled
we also need to make sure non-reformable trouble makers are not set free to cause more grief

heres some random bullet points i think are important in a formal convention

* violators are given a chance to make reparations if they apologize and can offer worth of equal value to what they destroyed or stole
* an announcement should be made in a public forum (like the greif forum) to allow others to post claims if they have also been victimized (dont want violators to get lose after only making reparation to only 1 person)
* if necessary unbiased 3rd party mediators may be involved in negotiating reparation
* some sort of notification should be made to prisoners about a path to repay and gain freedom
* serious and/or repeat offenders should be considered an ongoing threat which should be factored in to any decision to release them. (if they are an serious ongoing threat, the risk cost should make "reparation" practically impossible)
* many costs might need to be factored into reparation cost. material wealth lost/damaged/stolen should DEFINATELY be included. some costs of justice may also be appropriate, if they MUST be pearled, the price of the pearl. perhaps even some of the bounty cost should be paid by the prisoner if there was no other way to aquire justice
* i am not sure of any reasonable time penalty for prisoners. seems like the system should be designed around reparation/justice than punishment imo (making full reparation seems like punishment enough)

thats all i can think of for now

if anyone else has important points to throw onto the list do so, then we can discuss the points, change them if necessary, and boil it down into a comprehensive convention
Plumpdragonfly
Public

SC2: Plumpster
Code: 560

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:17:44 pm »

We need an armed force to enforce these rules. A force so strong that nobody can resist their will.
Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:47:27 pm »

sounds expensive though
maybe we should make a tax to support it right  evil
vbelac
Public

Alias: vbelac - Steam
Alias: (◕‿◕✿)

jorts are cruise control for a swanky life

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 11:01:59 pm »

That's basically me and Pedro(Commander4726), we work for free Grin

Stay Determined.
Plumpdragonfly
Public

SC2: Plumpster
Code: 560

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:07:49 pm »

[ author=vbelac link=topic=2369.msg16636#msg16636 date=1358226119]
That's basically me and Pedro(Commander4726), we work for free Grin
[/]

Vbelac and Commander confirmed for statists. I always knew they were statists (commies).
vbelac
Public

Alias: vbelac - Steam
Alias: (◕‿◕✿)

jorts are cruise control for a swanky life

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 05:33:39 pm »

Nah, we just pearl bad people

Stay Determined.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 07:47:47 am »

Simon TAX are you crazy!!!!