Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweetwater Shores (island village)  (Read 7233 times)
anoddhue
Public

« on: January 13, 2013, 09:07:49 pm »

For those interested in settling a bit further from town, or exploring a new area of the map, I've established a small outpost that I'm calling Sweetwater Shores. Feel free to build in/around this community.

Here is an imgur album explaining how to get to the visitor's center of the outpost:
http://imgur.com/a/eeQHR

Note that this area is around 1000 blocks away from the town, so some people in town may be out of chat range while others are in chat range. If you decide to build/mine/settle/explore in this area, I'd be interested in hearing about it and collaborating with you.

Thanks!  afro

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:53:08 pm »

cool man
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 08:01:29 am »

If it is far enough away from spawn island i'd like to check it out.
This little place will get over run soon and I don't want to be there when it does
anoddhue
Public

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 10:04:28 am »

It's just close enough to be within chat range of the southeastern part of town/the outskirts of town, but also far enough and difficult enough to get to to deter most griefers. Also, the biome is very interesting with some huge canyons/ravines in the middle of a jungle.

I'd like to start on a village square behind the visitor's center and a market area, but want to wait for others to build in the area too.

anoddhue
Public

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 10:53:51 pm »

It looks like the area was griefed a little bit, or at least that some of the walkways I didn't protect were torn up. Anyway, the visitor's center still makes a convenient outpost if you're exploring that area, but I wouldn't store anything valuable in the chests there -- make a hobbit hole nearby or other hidden shelter. Perhaps I'll make the building semi-private and add interested people to a group so they can use it and store items if needed.

Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 11:09:35 pm »

a creeper blew up on your walkway and i didnt have the materials to fix it ;(

someone broke your windows upstairs too apparently

its a lovely little rest stop thought , i liked it
Shaman
Public

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 03:29:47 am »

I've seen the ziggarat, and the abandoned farm I found and repaired to use as a base sounds like it's on the biome that Sweetwater Shores is on... There's a ridiculous canyon a short walk north of my mine.

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
anoddhue
Public

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 05:26:57 pm »

It sounds like you found the rest stop. I didn't repair the walkway since the creeper crater gave it an ominous vibe. I was the one who'd broken my own upstairs windows, since I was experiencing a glitch that wouldn't let me use the doors.

Anyway, Shaman, feel free to make it your home. See if you can find the hidden tree tower nearby.

Edit: now that I think about it, you may have just found Sav's old farm. The Sweetwater Shores biome is a strange jungle near the ravine, with sugar cane hanging from the trees.

SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 06:38:37 pm »

Well my farm looks like a beach house light wood, and a cobble fence around it, with a cobble back end never put the roof on it yet.  Is that what you are seeing???  I have a sign on my front door stating it is mine
Spanone
Public

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 10:05:06 pm »

He was in altheria and then sweetwater.

He went to both places.
Shaman
Public

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 12:49:33 am »

I went there yesterday and it's not the same landmass. A complete rundown of my 2 hour trip is in the Temple Complex thread, but I followed the train tracks all the way to the trading post, then took a boat and walking the rest of the way.

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: