Poll
Question: Which of the following plans of action do you like best? (see below for more info)
Change absolutely nothing - 1 (4.5%)
Expand current world only - 1 (4.5%)
Expand current world, and make chat range limited - 4 (18.2%)
Expand current world, and make chat range limited, remove stargates - 3 (13.6%)
Reset with a new larger map, limit chat range, without stargates - 13 (59.1%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible changes upcoming?  (Read 14261 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 06:42:11 pm »

i have a fun idea that will let you sort of opt in into a larger range chat, i dont want to give too many details until i know if i can make it work

it probably wont be ready in time for the restart
Arcanight
Public

SC2: Rendaril

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 09:43:34 pm »

I have two possible ideas that can be the best of both worlds, literally.

The first is that you keep this server up but also have the other one available. This would allow would let people who are invested in the current server continue on while at the same time starting over in another world, this way everybody is happy.

The second is that there is a mod out there that allows you to link multiple worlds. You could have it so that there is a hub world where players choose which world to got to. This way you wouldn't necessarily have to run a whole other server. People could chose which world they want and go back and forth between the two.

The reason I do not want to get rid of the current world is because many people have spent hours and even days of their lives working on it. However i am not dismissing the pros for a new world being that every person gets a fresh start, a bigger world with greater potential.  afro
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 12:01:48 am »

Well, I wouldn't want the community to be split in two.

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 02:20:53 am »

ya fracturing the community was one of my concerns also, there are other issues aswell, some technical

but right now im working on something that i think everyone will be so happy with, even those that are attached to their old creations will be excited to start anew (hopefully)

if its not as big of a wow factor as im aiming for we may just instead expand the map.

i am ofcourse sorry to those who are unwilling to part with their old creations and i dont want to give the impression this will be a regular thing. but we have learned alot of lessons from the last few months and id like to build on those with this next iteration of the server. hopefully the final one for a long time

also the old map will be made available for download for anyone who wants to archive a copy of their creations (make sure to take note of your coordinates, there are no stargates on single player)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:22:39 am by Intangir » Logged
anoddhue
Public

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 06:07:22 pm »

Fantastic, I was wondering if there was a way to download the map. I'm definitely happy about the server re-start, then.

On a related note, even though I'm a noob, I think it'd be fun to have some kind of server-wide event before the "end of the world", like some kind of boss battle or similar fun community building thing. afro

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 06:38:38 pm »

i have an idea in mind, but want to make sure the new world is going to work out

if so we may have a december 21 dynamite party Wink
vbelac
Public

Alias: vbelac - Steam
Alias: (◕‿◕✿)

jorts are cruise control for a swanky life

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 06:52:22 pm »

We should definitely have a TNT party. Put everyone in creative, disable Citadel and blow up EVERYTHING. But back up the map before, of course.

Stay Determined.
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 07:32:36 pm »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 11:56:11 pm »

i was thinking of making dirt or sand the sole ingredient for tnt Wink
Hterag
Public

Alias: Hteragareth

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 02:21:30 pm »

[ author=anoddhue link=topic=2329.msg16480#msg16480 date=1355962042]
Fantastic, I was wondering if there was a way to download the map.[/]

This is something I'm interested in, too. If we're moving to a new map is there any harm in making it available for download? Perhaps put a torrent up or make it available with a file host like Rapidshare/Mediafire.

I'm in favour of a new, bigger map and no Stargates. I think it'd be really nice to have several towns/villages connected by rail and maybe Nether portals. I think it'd also be good to have chat more localised, especially between dimensions.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 02:35:19 pm »

yea there will be a download, after the current map goes offline

Im still working on the new map, what im doing is trying to create custom biomes, which as it turns out can be extraordinarily complicated and difficult, and time consuming.. the new map is just not ready yet
Hterag
Public

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 05:05:05 pm »

Are you setting it up chunk by chunk? I'd really like to see some separate continents. Could we set up an initial spawn to send you to a specific continent of your choice? We could set up any number of ways to move between them, by boat, subway, Nether, etc. Anyone else like this idea?

Each continent could have pros and cons like a continent with jungle and forest would be great for wood and cocoa beans but you wouldn't get emeralds and sand and slime would be pretty rare. Equally, a continent full of extreme hills and taiga would be great for snow and emeralds but you wouldn't find ocelots or cocoa beans. It'd also be great to see snow in the farthest north parts and jungle in the, "tropics".

Just some ideas, feel free to implement what you like but it's choice.
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 06:17:21 pm »

I think that is kind of how our current world works.  It would be nice to know what kind of options we have so you don't have to explore the entire world as I understand it will be REALLY BIG!!!  I think the photos Intangir  posted are very helpful to get an idea of what will be available.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 09:26:15 pm »

there will be alot of unknowns by design. part of the fun will be exploration and discovery
Hterag
Public

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 05:59:41 pm »

[ author=Intangir link=topic=2329.msg16500#msg16500 date=1356233175]
there will be alot of unknowns by design. part of the fun will be exploration and discovery

[/]

Sorry, I may not have been clear there. What I meant was that we'd go to a specific continent so we could end up with friends or people we know. I don't mean we'd necessarily know what to expect there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: