Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More server issues  (Read 2901 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: August 19, 2012, 09:45:44 pm »

every since 1.3.1, the server software side of the game is one terrible mess of unstable code.. there is really only so much i can do to manage it. New versions of bukkit and spigot have been released lately which ofcourse i had to try since the game has been so unstable since 1.3.1.. so i installed it on my test server and everything appeared fine, even growth seemed to be working again so i installed it live

well they were even MORE unstable after a very short while, growth rate was gone, people were falling thru the world, and it was hardlocking my system even quicker than previously...

so i had to roll is back to a version of spigot from a week ago which seems to have been one of the most stable builds so far..

i think im going to leave it on this, and just have to put up with the occasional 4-8 hour restarts and handful of semi-minor client/server graphical sync issues (like xp disappearing when you go thru a nether portal, its not actually gone, its a graphical glitch only) until an actually stable version appears on the scene.. which has yet to happen..

the message about falling thru the world, althought terribly alarming to a system adminstrator... , was apparently only occuring after people logged out and when you log back in you haven't actually lost anything apparently..

i think 1.3.1 shouldn't have been released period.. mojang shouldn't have released it, bukkit shoulnd't have released a recommended build yet, and i probably shouldn't have upgraded yet either. but it was highly demanded and not exactly practical to avoid.. we will just have to make the best of it from here on out, i hope everyone one is still managing to enjoy some quality gaming with the fine players who we have on the server.

thank you for your patience and understanding
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:55:16 pm by Intangir » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: