Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FYI crazy death cult forming on server  (Read 5006 times)
Simon_Jeeha
Public

Alias: Spiral Warrior

« on: December 26, 2013, 07:43:01 pm »

tons of the regular players seem to be dying like crazy

much of it seems to be easily avoidable but they claim its because things are too hard

i dont know if you want to nerf the settings or something

i try to help but it seems impossible, they die faster than i can help

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 07:52:59 pm »

the changes to difficulty are one of the servers unique attractions, i want to give it a fair shot at success and id like everyone else to give it a shot too

there is more than enough information on the site, and available in game to warn people of the additional challenges, the guide you posted does more than enough to help people overcome many of them

i increased the despawn timer to 10 minutes which should help people adjust to the surprises and factor them in so they don't die as much

it is a different gaming experience, be very careful under depth 30 and you should be fine

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 07:58:59 pm »

If i make the server too easy and too unchallenging, it will become too boring, and the server will be as inactive as it was last year, i want it to be challenging enough to be interesting long term, i want the social aspects of the game to be valuable enough for people to try to team up and work together for mutual gain

and i want the server to be more popular, and this is an attractive feature to some, its been up less than a week so i want to leave it, and advertise its uniqueness until it can attract more players
Bentlg123
Public

Alias: Bobpringle

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 07:59:12 pm »

I am part of that cult.... this server is a lot harder than the previous.

* wqeqweqw.png (313.66 KB, 1021x765 - viewed 1164 times.)
brainlesszombie5
Public

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 08:05:10 pm »

its hard in many ways but for me its because when to many mobs spawn around me, which is alot, i lag. and thts wat really kills me. So that is one of the reasons why i moved from the Orange city was because all those farm animals and the hostile mobs where lagging the poop out of me. Other wise i wouldnt mind it at all.

A man like me just needs infinity
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 09:48:17 pm »

Kurt, most of those deaths were because your bed was right in the area the mobs were at. I don't think challenge mode is too hard, you just have to be smart.

Tip: When caving, take a flint&steel and some netherrack with you so you can light stuff.

Also block off any caves you're NOT inside with cobble or something, so creepy crawlies won't sneak up behind you.

And when you die, don't run back in willy nilly with nothing, you won't get anywhere without a sword and a little bit of armour to press forward.

oh yeah and make sure you have somewhere to run to BEFORE you light TNT Wink

Hope this helps.

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 04:24:14 am »

optifine is releasing beta versions now

hopefully soon it will be all done, it should improve the performance of minecraft for people who lag (low framerate)

Bentlg123
Public

Alias: Bobpringle

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 05:51:01 pm »

Ya, I just posted that because it's funny, no I die a lot now I did before but now it's even more.  I'm not going to tell you to nerf it, I'm just saying it is very hard.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: