Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrading to 1.4.6  (Read 3765 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: January 03, 2013, 11:17:46 pm »

Well i'm almost ready to ugprade, probably will roll it out TOMORROW

most of the plugins are updated and working fine. a couple have a few problems though. prison pearl might have a stacking issue which i might be able to fix with a new feature i was planning to add anyway

and physicalshop (the trading chest mod) doesn't work at all, the author says it will be updated any day. we might upgrade without it and just have no trading chests temporarily, the existing ones can sit inert fine Wink no one can rob them or anything special if they dont work, any more than they could with them working

almost every other mod seems to have had no major issues
although orebfuscator seems to have been changed ALOT, and it doesn't seem to be hiding chests anymore.. (gonna see it can be reconfigured to do it)
also precious stones (the mod we use for snitch blocks) has grown enormous.. it has a billion other features we dont use and its apparently becoming bloated with all of those unnecessary features

Citadel was massively updated and a minor bug was introduced with 1.4.6 which i worked around for now. it has a lot of performance increases and a few new protections (like protections for rails from liquids)

im also going to be switching out the recipe mod and will add a couple new convenience recipes. they might not be available immediately upon updating to 1.4.6 though, its not as big a priority so i havent set it up (it takes more setup than the old one)

bookworm is also being removed since its super outdated and is unlikely to ever be updated again, i'll introduce a couple of book related mods eventually to replace its features (we arent using it yet on the new map anyway)

the main change left is my custom login security for free accounts, and my denial of service protection, there was a big reorganization to that code so i probably wont be able to finish this till tomorrow
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:37:02 pm »

i rolled out the update, there is one weirdity about it listing on the server list

refresh and double click it before it shows you status for now.. for some reason its returning a wonky status and then the client wont bother to try (it does let you connect though)

im gonna fix it asap, its probably my custom login code somehow effected it
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:02:43 pm »

well i had to work around the issue by disabling free account logins..

my old custom build method doesn't work anymore since 1.4.6 and all the weird changes they made, they made major changes to whats going on under the hood in new bukkit, i testing logging in and it does work, but it doesn't return accurate server details on the list.. i should be able to debug in soon

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: