Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New custom map is on the live server :)  (Read 6457 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: December 31, 2012, 04:11:18 am »

Ok the new map is finally online! It is pretty fantastic in my opinion, its full of really incredible looking new custom biomes, the layout of the biomes is more natural and its HUGE. the map is over 30,000 x 30,000, larger than we could ever even explore i'd guess.

as i posted below there are many other new features and updates coming soon to stay tuned, for now i am dead exhausted (ive been working on this map until 4-6am for weeks now..) and i am going to crash.

The terrain is still generating, it will probably take over 24 hours to generate (probably closer to 3 days) and in that time everyone will probably be extremely laggy and face frequent disconnections, it will be lame but after its finished we will be able to explore anywhere, even high speed travel by rail or boat without any additional chunk generation lag, which will be very nice and last us for the rest of the server Wink

we probably won't ever start another new map again, with this terrain it has more variety than anything vanilla minecraft will give us ever again is my guess. and im also working on a mod that will be able to cycle thru chunks even after they are generated to add any new random structures they might add in the future.
vbelac
Public

Alias: vbelac - Steam
Alias: (◕‿◕✿)

jorts are cruise control for a swanky life

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 04:23:27 am »

When I attempt to log in, I'm still getting the "Generating terrain, try again tomorrow." message, any idea why?

Stay Determined.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 05:14:13 am »

i wanted to see how long it would take to generate terrain with no players.. apparently too long
i disabled that now
Commander
Public

Alias: Pedro

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 07:46:46 am »

In the starter book, it says there are no strongholds, do you mean no nether fortresses or no over world stone brick strongholds (the ones that hold the end portal)?

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 10:51:13 pm »

chunk generation is almost 1/3rd of the way finished. i slowed down the rate so the tick wasnt unplayable in the mean time. it will be pretty smooth when it is 100%, we should be able to cruise just about anywhere without generation or tick lag

Commander
Public

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 01:21:35 am »

Wow, you totally ignored my question. :'///

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 03:48:59 am »

no strongholds, we dont need them anyway with prison pearls

there are no netherfortresses for now, but one of the addons im planning will allow them to be spawned after the fact perhaps

i might also add a recipe for netherbrick, probably based of clay bricks, and netherrack
blazes are in volcano's
netherrack is in volcanos
glowstone is in forestcaves

Commander
Public

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 04:24:05 am »

Awesome, what about wither skeletons? Are you going to implement them in the future aswell?

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 02:13:04 pm »

one way or another
if i cant easily make the netherfortresses spawn after the fact, ill just alter the spawn in hell to rarely spawn witherskeletons instead of pigmen

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 02:22:16 pm »

it passed 50%! Smiley
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 08:01:22 am »

71%

after its done generating we can upgrade to 1.4.6
ill be testing 1.4.6 tonight, there were major changes to bukkit since the earlier 1.4.5 versions which cause problems with alot of plugins

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 09:11:25 am »

its at 99%, it actually finished but it missed a few i guess (i saw some close errors)

should be done 100% today for sure!

im working on 1.4.6 testing, i found an issue with citadel and fixed it..
testing the other mods and making sure they all work with 1.4.6, there are 2-3 major changes that came out since 1.4.5

hopefully if all looks good maybe switch it in later tonight
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: