Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving forward on final map  (Read 4897 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: December 29, 2012, 04:55:58 am »

I'm finishing up the new map/terrain and preparing for launching the new world

most of the mods will be the same, and the version will likely be 1.4.5 for now (possibly configured to allow 1.4.6 clients to connect but without 1.4.6 features)

main mod changes will be no stargates, some of the extra recipes will be removed (aren't needed anymore) and the chat range will be range limited

there are more mods and customization coming soon though:
* will be upgrading to 1.4.6 soon after new world launch
* a login security update is coming soon (pretty much only effects free players)
* a longer range communications mod is hopefully coming if i can make it work (details later if it looks like it will work out)
* some changes to books are coming to make more use of the 1.3+ books and replace bookworm
* prison pearl convenience changes possibly also (labels the pearls, and avoid stacking with prisonerless perls)
* also citadel will be updated probably in time for launch to add a few more protective features
* the night vision splash potions to reveal what activity has gone on at a location is also coming

new map will probably be launched in the next 1-3 days unless there are unexpected problems or surprises, just in time for new years

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:10:20 am by Intangir » Logged
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 03:53:13 am »

doing manual touchups on the map now
alot of the forest cave biomes need manual touchups cause by default they can get all screwed up with the multi level waterfalls and pools and stuff

also i added some nice touches to some volcanos

i added climate zones for arctic, temperate, tropical and deserts so you shouldn't see ice biomes and deserts side by side, if you want to get to a certain climate you might have to do some serious traveling actually

there are a ton of forest cave biomes, im about half done with that

then i am going to add some frozen oceans and rivers to the arctic regions, then .. gonna start generating this thing!!

Rothbard
Public

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 09:34:50 am »

Awesome! Can't wait to play it. I've been looking for a voluntaryist Minecraft server forever!
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 05:13:27 pm »

the map itself is done, before i begin terrain generation off of it, i have to add a few more features to one of the biomes

SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 06:07:16 pm »

How much longer before we can play for real?
I will now miss my tree house and God powers.  lol
cBameron
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 11:47:52 pm »

[ author=SavanahMile link=topic=2348.msg16543#msg16543 date=1356912436]
How much longer before we can play for real?
I will now miss my tree house and God powers.  lol
[/]

Ditto!!! I can't wait, but I sure will miss flying!
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 02:13:34 am »

im generating the final terrain from the map now

the new map will be up tomorrow!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: