Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Website terms of use  (Read 3646 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: December 17, 2012, 03:09:43 pm »

the website, as well as the server, are my personal property, and all invitations to use them are made in good faith that you are not here to deliberately troll, insult, instigate drama, or engage in other inconsiderate non mutually voluntary behavior. all rights to revoke that invitation for whatever reasons i consider appropriate are reserved by me as owner.

anyone who is going to create dramatic arguments over pointless nonsensical crap, become hostle and insulting, and then hypocritally accuse me of doing exactly what they have just done, and repeatedly ignores reasons, facts, explainations, and attempts to end the pointless debate, on my own site, can and will likely be banned from doing so.

i try to make a clearly enumerated list of things that may result in a ban but am constantly amazed by the creativity and nerve people have in finding ways of trying to take advantage of my generosity and/or our player base. libertarianism does not mean we are obligated to put up with other peoples attacks, especially on our own property.
Elarim
Public

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 11:18:44 am »

You know, I've been thinking about this when it comes to griefers. The griefer is basically a person who doesn't respect anothers' property rights, and only gets away with griefing because there's effectively no real life punishment for it (unlike destruction of physical property, which puts the criminal in jail).

I imagine that if all punishments (including by defense by the victim) were suddenly made impossible from the real world, there'd be a lot more vandalism too.

So given that the server is private property, and the griefer is messing with it in a way that violates the wishes of the property owner, can they be held liable for violation of property rights? If someone hacks into your computer and deletes or messes up files, you can sue them. What difference is it if it's someone re-configuring or messing up bits and bytes on a map for a game in a similar fashion?

I'm betting that the epidemic of griefers (which affects pretty much every game) will disappear when they start getting prosecuted and sued for damages - especially when the damage is often not just emotional but also financial (like griefing in that Second Life game).
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 03:06:16 pm »

That is interesting, people sue for a lot less these days that is for sure.  The denial of service hacks that we were attacked are I'm sure prosecutable.  In game, well it is a game and I do enjoy when these griefers get pearled, that is their wakeup call.  usually as soon as they get pearled they are like what just happened?   How do I get out (so I can grief some more..mauhhhh)?  SO it is satisfying that they get caught, annoying if they get away, like Mr poolse.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: