Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Voluntaryist learning opportunities  (Read 3362 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: December 03, 2012, 12:57:51 am »

I know it got a bit hectic when we were being flooded by griefers from reddit, but i want to remind everyone again that one of the main purposes of the server is to provide an environment where new people can learn about and experiment with the philosophy of mutually voluntary interaction and even dispute resolution and problem solving.

Now that the frequency of problematic situations has gone back down again i'd like encourage everyone to consider offering minor griefers an opportunity to earn back their trust and freedom if they are willing to explore the concept of voluntaryism and use it when dealing with other players, or if they are willing to make some sort of compensation for damages they cause.

We have many members who in the past had a habit of violating the wishes of other players but once they came to recognize the natural consequences, even absent a "ruler", of non-voluntary interaction in the community, they recognized that they could have more fun, and leverage cooperation from other players better, if everyone is being treated in a mutually agreeable voluntary manner.

I would like to see us continue to encourage this philosophy in our new members, and would also like to express the appreciation and enjoyment I get from seeing the growth of our players and our server, not just in numbers and crafting ability, but also in the strengthened social skills, the maturity, and the deeper understanding of complex philosophical issues i see developing even in our youngest members.

Thanks everyone! Have fun Smiley
SavanahMile
Public

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:31:18 am »

With that being said, looks like Dethscythe and his merry band of men have been crying to the players of civcraft saying we falsely banned his player- Not true, not that he got pearled legit with a sword, I assume or tnt?  That seems to be the root of all the griefers coming from civcraft lately.
So it may not have had anything to do with the reddit ad??? who knows  Just poor sports
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: