Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Several Security updates and upgrades  (Read 3352 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: January 17, 2013, 01:22:06 am »

Several new changes went in.. some MAY have issues, so if you see anything that is in error tell me asap

I drastically updated our login security check to add more features
1: unpaid/free accounts must log in through website now. log in here from your IP with the same name, then you can log into the game without authenticating with the /password /login stuff anymore. this should only effect people who never paid for minecraft. the old AuthIP module is gone
2: it should be alot faster, alot of redundancy (because of the AuthIP module mostly) are gone
3: it wont let you log in if two of your other login names are pearled, you must instead log into them and use /tells and negotiate, or arrange for your release (or breakout) the in game way

I added some features to citadel:
1: citadel will now log attempted breaks (breaks on protected blocks that didnt finish breaking thru the reinforcement)
2: tools used to destroy protected blocks will take damage per reinforcement break
3: a minor annoyance related to using stone to fortify stone and running out is removed.. (probably no one noticed it) material count updates while fortifying should be less goofy now also

I also upgraded the custom bukkit build we use, it supposedly fixed some monster spawn, and growth issues, it may make an impact on growth rates or monster spawns, let me know if you noticed anything. Hopefully it will also fix that annoying spammed error about no entitydata for whatever entity, and the unable to locate sign thing.. also has some memory usage fixes i think

Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 04:23:44 am »

apparnetly comcast decided to take down the old smtp mail relay i was using without notice, a new working solution, any information on the web about it... or anything else of use..

thanks comcast

so i switched to using googles free one, any emails that anyone was waiting on from the website will have to be re-requested
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: