Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Semi major changes  (Read 4088 times)
Intangir
Global Moderator

« on: February 18, 2013, 03:12:28 am »

For now the global chat is back, range chat just lead to too much isolation given how quiet the server has been lately which i think resulted in new players getting bored and leaving more.

Also Citadel now has a default protection level (of 5) called 'by hand' protections
it will reinforce anything you place with at least 5 break protection (and fire/lava suppression)

this should be enough to deter the small time, short term griefers who never even bother to read the site or book

you can use it in normal mode, reinforcement mode (use your empty hand), or fortify mode (use an empty slot), it also works with group modes, and will automatically be upgraded if you reinforce, or bypassed if you break it. it will automatically protect chests also (but only barely remember!)

i also made the info command only work on your own protections, if you try to get info on another persons protections it wont tell you much of anything
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:24:33 am by Intangir » Logged
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 03:17:46 am »

fyi this was a very quick addition and may need more testing

if you find any issues let me know. from my rudimentary testing i found MANY issues and fixed them all, there was quite a few surprising consequences of my change which i had to account for.. there could still be issues i didnt notice

Spanone
Public

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:12:58 pm »

Ooooh, so it no longer says "diamond" "iron" or "stone", awesome! This is something that I always though t shouldn't be available to everyone.
Intangir
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:38:55 pm »

indeed

they wont know if it will take 20 seconds to 20 minutes to break down your protection
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: